String on crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Nicklas021

String on crossbow

Post by Nicklas021 »

Hi :D

How do I put the string on my crossbow (Equinox) without using the stringing aid?

Thanks Nicklas
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

When I bought my first excalibur, the guy behind the counter strung up the bow by putting one end of the string on the limb and then he put one limb on the floor and grabed the other limb with his hand and strung it like that :shock:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
animal

Post by animal »

you can also find it in a video on the excalibur site under crossbow procedure and safty. Welcome to the forum
NECESSITY IS THE MOTHER OF ALL INVENTION

EXOCET 200
Rich

Post by Rich »

I strung my Exocet by hand when I first got it because I couldn't wait for my "stringer" to arrive in the mail. It was a 2 person job, one to string it and the other person to pick my left *ut up off the floor. There is a technique to doing it and it is demostrated in the video but I will never try it again.

Rich
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Rich wrote:I strung my Exocet by hand when I first got it because I couldn't wait for my "stringer" to arrive in the mail. It was a 2 person job, one to string it and the other person to pick my left *ut up off the floor. There is a technique to doing it and it is demostrated in the video but I will never try it again.

Rich
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the laugh.
Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Rich wrote:I strung my Exocet by hand when I first got it because I couldn't wait for my "stringer" to arrive in the mail. It was a 2 person job, one to string it and the other person to pick my left *ut up off the floor. There is a technique to doing it and it is demostrated in the video but I will never try it again.

Rich
:D :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
BUS314

lol

Post by BUS314 »

Rich

X100, LOL------The most disheartening feeling in the world, to have a new crossbow sitting there & can't get it strung!! Awshucks got more than a few chuckles at me I'm sure!!! :oops:
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

The Equinox is a bear of a bow, suggest you wait for the Stringer. Or, get three guys to help you.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Cossack wrote:The Equinox is a bear of a bow, suggest you wait for the Stringer. Or, get three guys to help you.
You need one hell of a lot of drinks to think you can! Or three guys with at least three drinks each to help you! I would like to watch the video of the attempt!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
HW

Post by HW »

Stringing the Vixen or the Equinox will be the same as all of the Excal hunting bows have the same limbs. Only length of draw is different and since you are not drawing the bow, there will be no difference stringing either bow manually.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bstout is right. I've had a number of strings sent back to me because the person stringing the bow had to unwind the Flemish string to a point of unraveling it because the limbs couldn't be flexed enough to install the string. My instructions clearly say that if you don't have a stringing aid send the string back!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

one shot scott wrote:When I bought my first excalibur, the guy behind the counter strung up the bow by putting one end of the string on the limb and then he put one limb on the floor and grabed the other limb with his hand and strung it like that :shock:
You got to be real careful as to not put any pressure on the stock using the above method.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Nicklas021

Parachute cord ?

Post by Nicklas021 »

Ok, but if I use Parachute cord and make two loops? Can I have some problems with that setup?

It´s not that I dont want to buy the stringer aid. Didn`t think of it when I ordered the crossbow. Just wanna get string on the bow the same day I get the crossbow :D :D

Thanks,
Nicklas