Outfitters and Guides

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

forrest-hunter

Outfitters and Guides

Post by forrest-hunter »

Why isn't there a place for guides and outfitter reviews? I hunt mostly with longbow but would like to take my son (his 34 and hunts mostly with muzzleloader) hunting with crossbow. It would be nice if this site had a place where people could post experiences and names.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

I have seen websites like this before. I don't remember any of the sites, but the problem is that most of the time only people with bad experiences take the time to go to the websites to rate the outfitters.
forrest-hunter

Post by forrest-hunter »

If you look at bowsite.com "outfitter review" you can see good and bad reviews. It also gives the outfitter a chance to reply if he gets a bad review. Although not perfect it does help to decide who to use.
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

I can give you some advice on colorado. I hunted public land the last seven years and shot 7 elk. Drop camps and alot of work but hey, thats hunting. Great place for archery.

I don't know if this is the place or not but has anyone considered trading a hunt. PA has bucks, bear and turkey. Can't promise anything but at least you'll know someone that can take you out in an area where there is game and will not stick you in a place that is "out of the way" like some guides and outfitters will do if you don't have good referances. Save a ton on fees. just putting out a feeler for feedback.