emergency room visit(READ ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE CRANKAROO)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

912zeus912

Post by 912zeus912 »

ischa thanks!yes it is easy to shoot bow with crankaroo on just stupid!i was doing it because i was shooting several times and i didnt want to keep screwing and unscrewing it in between shots.if the crank is horizontal to the stock it actually only makes stock about quarter inch longer.i will never make this mistake again. one of the things that made this far worse on me is i shoot left handed and the steel crank is on the left side
buzzards gotta eat too!(JOSIE WELLS)
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Wow . . .I guess they better add a sticky on the crank to not do that. :shock:

Hope you get better fast!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. I too found that getting back on the horse was important when a bow blew up on me from a failed nock. Don't be surprised if you'll have developed a flinch to work through. Fully 90% of the accidents and dry fired bows I've personally observed involved carelessness or inattention on the part of the shooter..the ONE exception was a bad (new) string. ALL of the dry fires resulted from distraction. I have more respect for shooting a crossbow than a gun. Far more can go wrong.
shafferm

Post by shafferm »

Sure hope that your recovery goes well. I have used the crankaroo a couple of times and always wondered about replacing the stock locking plunger with a spring loaded quick release plunger like those made by Vlier.
http://www.vlier.com/product_index/sld/qr_00_index.html
This should eliminate the hassle of screwing and unscrewing the crankaroo and make it less tempting to shoot with it left on the stock. Again best of luck with the recovery.
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Man buddy I hate to hear that! I hope and pray you still have all your vision! :(
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Sorry to hear about your accident. And an extremely serious one at that. Reading your description of the accident reminded me of hearing that some that say they shoot with their rope cocker swung around their neck after loading. I would hate to imagine if one of those hooks accidentally fell in front of the string before the shot. Your post is a reminder and a wake up call to how dangerous both ends of the crossbow can be. Thanks for posting and hope that your eye heals soon.
Why ride when you can walk!
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

It could happen to any of us. Get will soon
Carnivorous

Re: emergency room visit(READ ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE CRANKAR

Post by Carnivorous »

912zeus912 wrote:hey thanks i appreciate it!and i hear you about the money i am self employeed so the show stops when im not there not to mention because i have a small company the only way i can afford insurance is to have a 5,000.00 deductible so this whole thing will come out of my pocket my guess is its gonna cost me around 6,000.00 in all.
WTH $5,000.00 deductible for insurance?
That's something we don't have to worry about in Ontario.

Hope you recover fully......
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
agingcrossbower

Ouch

Post by agingcrossbower »

Man thats a nerve racking story. Hope everything turns out OK. I hope your son eventually forgets also. Speedy recovery guy. Mike
912zeus912

Post by 912zeus912 »

i hear you belle river our healthcare definitely needs some reform but not the reform mr obama is suggesting nor do i think i want what yall have either.i hunt up in saskatchewan 2 times a year and have become best friends with my outfitter and christ they tax you guys to take a piss.the price of fuel alone should pay for your healthcare but quebec gets all that money.it always blows my mind when i hunt in alberta and see all the oil wells yet 80% af the roads are gravel because quebec gets all the money not to mention some genius there thought it would be cost effective to ship your oil to the us to refine it .well heres the problem with both our countries one word "politicians" any time you let government make your decisions for you its gonna be ass backwards.sorry didnt mean to vent but it does piss me off that i have worked my butt off since 14 yrs old and i the only way i can afford insurance is to have a 5k deductible. by the way i do the booking for my outfitter in canada(great guy,great outfitter horrible busnessman)if anyone is interested in a whitetail or blackbear hunt email me at [email protected]
912zeus912

Post by 912zeus912 »

hey sopchoppy sorry to hear about your finger that sounds very painful!how long were you gunshy or crossbow shy after the accident?
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a very easy to do accident. When shooting the crossbow distraction, in any form is, very dangerous!
Hope your eye returns to full vision and you don't have any lasting injuries from the accident.
The worse thing that has happened to me was 2 broken bones & 6 stitches in my little finger (got it up in front of the string).
I also know all about the self-employment & uninsured life. Last time I had a serious injury (bad cut) I was on the phone calling emergency care centers & doctors for an hour before I found one I could afford to go see. For what the ERs wanted $350. to $600. for I found a doctor that fixed it up for me for $50. cash. :wink:
wabi
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Get well soon, sorry to hear that, but you are doing a good thing and helping others out
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
agingcrossbower

Re: emergency room visit(READ ESPECIALLY IF YOU USE CRANKAR

Post by agingcrossbower »

Yes you would have your 5000.00 less one eye if you did not dye from an infection. I would gladly spend the 5000.00 cause my eye is priceless.
bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:
912zeus912 wrote:hey thanks i appreciate it!and i hear you about the money i am self employeed so the show stops when im not there not to mention because i have a small company the only way i can afford insurance is to have a 5,000.00 deductible so this whole thing will come out of my pocket my guess is its gonna cost me around 6,000.00 in all.
WTH $5,000.00 deductible for insurance?
That's something we don't have to worry about in Ontario.

Hope you recover fully......
mikej

Post by mikej »

wow sorry to hear of such a brutal accident . thanks for sharing to warn everyone of the dangers . i hope you make a fast a full recovery
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective