proud DADDY

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

proud DADDY

Post by dutchhunter »

well today emily and i went to the gun club to do some shotting to test out some new stuff put on by TRIGGERS AND BOWS in waterford my littel emily is growing up so fast .she wanted to spend all are time on the handgun range .it was her first time shotting a pistol and she shot a bull with a 22 semi baretta and fell right in love .we did spen a lot of time on the rifle range as well she with a 17 hmr and me trying all the big blocks .i realy liked the beneli r 1 3006 .also shot the tikas is 3006 and 308 .oh ya she shot her first compond bow today as well .we had a great time .thank you triggers and bows for holding this event it is not offten that kids get a chance to shot pistols in ont .DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Sounds like you guys had a heck of a time! You realize that now, she's going to REALLY start costing you some money! :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
bkisel

Post by bkisel »

Good for you two! Spend all the time together you reasonable can. Looking back it'll seem like it all passed in the blink of an eye.

Take care...
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Great shooting Emily!
Good to see you two again Ed.. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

nice dutch...good job daddyO
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Wonderful!!!

I always LOVE to hear of a young person who takes an interest in shooting and hunting - even better when that person is a gal! I don't mean to sound like a feminist, but I know how hard it can be to get into the sport as a woman when you're older and people expect you to "grow up".

(I'm 40-something years old and I still have people in my life telling me that I should "get it out of my system" and stop wanting to do all that "crazy shooting stuff." :roll: )

Great to see that you're feeding her interest and supporting her in her learning!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
lscha

Post by lscha »

Funny you should say that Vix. My mom had lunch with old mutual friends on July 15th. I told mom to ask all of them during lunch if they could guess what day it was. (opening day, coyote season in Michigan).

Of course no one knew so she finally had to tell them. They laughed and asked if that info came from 'Laura'. When she said yes, they mentioned that they thought I would have grown out of that 'hunting thing'. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
mikej

Post by mikej »

glad you guys had a good time
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sounds like you both had a good time dutch. I have yet to hear a bad thing about triggers and bows. Glad to hear they put on a great show.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

They do grow fast and it sounds like you are useing that time very wisely. I am glad you both had a Great Day :D You will cherish those memories as you grow older and they leave the house on there own life journeys.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

These are times that neither will forget, stay with it and you got a hunting partner for life, your a SUPER DAD

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

Children are like a financial investment; ignore your investments and you'll likely get a poor return, but if you pay lots of attention, your investment will make you rich in your old age.
I thought that they's be small forever. I thought that I'd be running ragged my whole life... basketball practice/games, Cheerleading practice, volleyball, doctor appointments...
Now they're all grown up and I am stunned at how quickly those childhood years past.
Pull her into your lap as often as you can. Soon she'll be too big, and you'll wish for these days again.
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
dutchhunter

pistol range

Post by dutchhunter »

we had a great day togther .we meet a real nice older gentelmen who was running the pistol range he realy made time to show emily how to hold and shoot the pistols and let her shoot for free .we also meet peter or marketing dude and had a good chat with him and pyd . DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
912zeus912

proud daddy

Post by 912zeus912 »

Thats awesome!I love to hear about dads getting their daughters involved in shooting.Here where i live in the states in the deep south there are still alot of small minded rednecks that still think women dont belong in shooting sports or hunting.I always laugh when i get around them kind of people(after i get done putting them in there place) because i know my wife could outshoot or outhunt 99.9% of them.well enjoy every minute of it with emily!
buzzards gotta eat too!(JOSIE WELLS)
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Congrats! Bet you two had a ball. :D
"Eze 18:21"