&%#^@( thieves

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

NewGuy

&%#^@( thieves

Post by NewGuy »

Just got back from checking the trailcam and it was gone :x :x :x There was a broken down lawn tractor on the trail near where the cam was. What are the odds it belongs to the thieves?
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

If you can find out who it be longs to. You might ask them about it.
I cant stand a thief
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

The guy who owns the property is gonna ask them as he knows who it belongs to. I had 2 cam's out(on the same tree) for a whole year last year and not one of them went missing. I only put this one out last weekend and today went to check it and it was gone already.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

my lost doesnt compare to yours, but someone stole the damn tree steps out of one of my tree's...

you just cant trust anyone.. im just glad my stand wasnt there!

goodluck catching them also! hopefully you do
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Sorry to hear that new guy. That sucks.
Do you think its possible that the mower was stolen too, and they took the cam "just in case"
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Gimpaw

Post by Gimpaw »

Nothing p*sses me off more than when someone comes along and takes something that I worked for.
I once found a guy laying across my front seat, unhooking my car stereo. His feet were on the ground. It felt so good when I slammed the door into his shins... twice. He howled like a scalded cat. He got probation :evil:
If I ever buy a trail-cam, I'll buy two... One out in the open to take deer pics, and another that isn't easily seen, to take pics of the 1 st trail-cam. That way if it goes missing, I'll have the theives on film.
Sorry for your loss buddy.
"I was young and foolish; now I'm old and foolisher".
Mark Twain
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

i've lost 3 stands to thieves. had them chained on and set up 3 days before the opener. The bas.ards still got them. This should be a a violation where they lose their hunting rights. same as interfering with a person legally hunting. :evil:
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

one shot scott wrote:Sorry to hear that new guy. That sucks.
Do you think its possible that the mower was stolen too, and they took the cam "just in case"
The owner of the property knew the mower was back there because it quit on the guys lastnight when they were out on it.(apparently they ride these things around out there)
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

and it's not even the fact of losing a camera that bothers me, it's the thought that there are people out there like that that does.
Esox

Post by Esox »

Being ripped off is really a sickening feeling... Man, I hope you catch these guys.... It's one thing to be on a piece of public land and losing a stand but have it happen on private land...... That really rots!!!

I'm feeling for you.....Good luck!!!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Loss of hunting property is a fact of life. It is going to happen. We have had just about everything taken from trail cams to huge feeders. I can't count the number of stands we lost until we went to climbers only.

In the beginning it used to really bother me. I felt like many of you do, it was a personal violation. I learned to get past it. Life is just way to short to dwell on stolen items. The thieves will get there just rewards. Do not let them steal more then just the hunting item. Do not let them steal your happiness along with the trail cam or stand. Agonizing about what was taken will not bring the item back.

Chris, I know you are pissed about the trail cam. Let it go.

In the scheme of life it is but a grain of sand on the beach.

That being said I hope you find the sob's and use the trail cam to take close up pictures of their prostates.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Sorry to hear about your stolen camera. Leaves an empty feeling in your gut. I know the feeling. I think an extra camera to watch the other camera is a great idea. I'd try that. Mike
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

That drives me crazy when some slime ball steals like that. We would have a serious problem if I ever found out who took something of mine.

It sounds like your property owner already knows who the likely thieves are. Most likely locals. I would file a theft report to the local authorities immediately. Hopefully your property owner can provide names and addresses of the creeps. Nothing of his or yours will be safe there as long as they go unchallenged.

Sorry for your loss. Good luck.

Dave
mikej

Post by mikej »

sorry to hear that i hope they are caught
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Sorry to hear! Stealing really pisses me off!!!! :evil: I've had things "disapear" to many times myself. Hope you solve the case.