Trail Camera and coons!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

perrysbirds

Trail Camera and coons!

Post by perrysbirds »

Just finished looking at some pics that a friend sent me.His Subject line read,"How do I get rid of the coons"?Anyone want to shed some light on this subject?I know what your thinking,shoot em? :D
I had to laugh as they were hanging from his feeder!
They were like kids in a playground! :D
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
mikej

Post by mikej »

shoot em gets my vote :lol: :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
Esox

Post by Esox »

Wait 'till they get their thick winter coat... then shoot 'em....
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

PB

Coons are a problem around feeders and corn baited hog traps. The woods are full of coons and the longer the feeder is in place the more and more coons will find it and come every day/night. The coon masses will eat more corn than any other woods critter. The only way to address the problem is to remove it. A 22 rifle works very well but only works when you are standing there and see the coons. The other 23 hours and xx minutes of the day and night when you are not there the coons eat like they are at a buffet.

Traps are very effective for reducing the coon problem. The small coon traps called Coon Cuffs, Little Grissly, etc. style traps are not too expensive (about $20 each), are easy to set, and work well. Put five traps out, bait them with marshmellows or sardines, and you will likely catch 4 or 5 coons each night until the population is greatly reduced. You might be able to find a local trapper that will come and take the coons out for you.

Good luck.

Dave