Rut in Tennessee?????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Rut in Tennessee?????

Post by dick195252 »

Does any one know about when the Rut statrts in West Tennessee?
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

it depends on the weather... 90% of the time it can start from the last week in nov and go untill the 2nd week in November. Normally Nov 6-16th are good days. The best time to be i nthe woods is the pre rut when that first doe is about ready to come in. Normally the last week of Oct. Bucks are running mad then and havent bedded a doe :D

but if you want to guess a safe day, Nov 6-12th are usually rut days everywhere, unless its a HOT spell and its puched back later
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

down in Tipton county it was middle of Dec. i used to live around Drummonds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote:90% of the time it can start from the last week in nov and go untill the 2nd week in November.
OK, the secret is out. Many of us have been wondering how CF has been harvesting those nice (albeit small) VA bucks. Now we know!

It seems the rut in VA lasts fifty weeks of the year!

If I were a member of any of the teams competing with Team VA in the deer contest this year I would sure be yelling foul! How is it that VA bucks start the rut the last week of November and remain in rut until the second week of November the following year? Somehow Team VA has managed to manipulate the rut to take place all year!

I think something is very very wrong and someone should look into this.
Last edited by Mike P on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

LOL... our deer are horney:-P

I know the rut is usually only 3-4 days tops, but it just varies in that timeframe.. pre and post rut are all I care about.. I cant get anything during the actaul rut since the big ones bedded and wont show.. but I cant blame him.. if I found a hot gal, I wouldnt leave her in the bed :P

2 years ago our rut didnt start untill Nov 16th.. last year it started Nov 2nd roughly

Ill still take the last week of Oct over any week 8)
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Thank You for the info i will be prepared as usual :wink:
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

The rut here in Georgia usually runs a little behind Virginia . . .it's probably a weather related thing . . .heat of a different variety.

CF . . .I like your rut better there than in SW Va. Usually in my area of Va. the rut is active the week of Thanksgiving . . .I always thought that was the reason for all the celebration. Didn't find out different until I moved to the city. Pilgrams celebrating the harvest. . .right, I bet there were celebrating the rut.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

dick195252 wrote:Thank You for the info i will be prepared as usual :wink:
the biggest way to know is to be out there and watching the deer;) they will tell you when its time :D :lol:

some say the moon has an effect on it also
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I think the only way to tell any more is watching the deer as cf said, I've seen things the last couple of yrs that don't measure up to what I've known my whole life. I just came out of the woods before I got on here, found a fawn no bigger than a rabbit dead of course but nothing found it yet, going back to get pics, this doe had to be bred in Feb. I found fresh scraps in Feb this yr looking for sheds, I saw bucks chasing does the first week of Oct seen a buck mounting one the second week of Oct,this was last yr. I posted about it, so I don't know any more, can't go by the moon it don't even control the tides to a degree any more, for sure there are strange things going on that can't be explained,just what I've seen.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mikej

Post by mikej »

crazyfarmer wrote:LOL... our deer are horney:-P
i'd say :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Esox

Post by Esox »

I have a buddy in East Tenn and he's been a Rut most of his life......
Jim22

Post by Jim22 »

When I hunted in Benton Co. it was usually around the end of the second week in November. They had that archery only week between the muzzleloader season and gun season. I'd see lots of activity close to the end of the muzzleloader season.