One buck finally shows hisself! Trail cam pics today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

One buck finally shows hisself! Trail cam pics today

Post by crazyfarmer »

These are nothing like Ohio's deer, but I finally found a buck ive been looking for. I found his left shed last year(11inch G2) and I finally got a pic, well about 15 of him this month. He's a mature 4 year old. He's not a huge buck, but he's one I am going for. I call him the perfect 8. He's in a group of 6 bucks and 3 are shooters. One I had my eye on screwed up his right G3 and MB. Im not sure what happened, but you will see a pic below. I have a IR pic of him 5 days before he messed his antlers up. He's still a shooter and he's got his own special antler design now. Also, the big 9 made a trip by twice. He's moved into a totally different area now. I hung 2 more stands around his core today. Ok, here are the pics from todays viewing. BTW, I cropped a few so you can get some close up views. Most are from the bushnell trophy cam which is kicking butt in the woods! Love the 3 shot mode! ESPICALLY WHEN ITS 5-6 BUCKS in front of it. Its nice to get 4-5 different views of each buck!

First is the big 9.. Im still debating this bucks age. Its looks like a 3.5 year old, but from different views I think he's 4, but just a young looking 4 year old. Still has a small body for his rack! He's in the top 3 on the hitlist still

Next is a freaky buck.. Im not sure what happened to him but he's one my borther n law is after. He needs to be shot!

Next was one I was very interested in.. But look at his right G2 and MB. He smashed something! He's in the group of 6 bucks. The others are below

here is the buck above 4-5 days before he hit something. Trophy cam has a good IR mode!

Next is the perfect 8 which I have sheds from. Im hoping he grows a little since his shed from last season actaully seemed taller! Still, he's a mature Va buck which is on my hitlist now.

another profile.. not alot of spread but tall! BTW, notice the one below him. He's on the hitlist also. He's missing his right side G1 though.

group shot time;) Funnels are key!!! No bait, just a deep drop off that the deer have to go around and pose:)

im pumped for this season...
michiganman

bucks

Post by michiganman »

nice group of bucks,good job on the photos.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
crazyfarmer

Re: bucks

Post by crazyfarmer »

michiganman wrote:nice group of bucks,good job on the photos.
thanks.. the more I use this trophy cam, the more I like it. Its sensor is unreal;)

The deer definitely dont know its there!
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Nice pics Crazy! I like the big 3 point! :lol: I have never seen a buck like him. I think I would shot him, and enter him in the contest! :lol:
mikej

Post by mikej »

great bucks but you're still not gonna win :lol: :lol: :P
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

WHOA! Nice!!!

(Laura, where are you?) :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Nice pics CF!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Man I've seen those back rounds :lol: good pic's CF, you better get them early or no getting them at all

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
lscha

Post by lscha »

VixChix wrote:WHOA! Nice!!!

(Laura, where are you?) :lol:
Scouting! :lol: :lol:

Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Rich . . .all we have to do is watch CF haul them in . . . :lol:

Nice bucks!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

lot of nice Bucks, hope u get the one's you want this year
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Mike P

Re: bucks

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote: the more I use this trophy cam, the more I like it. Its sensor is unreal;)
I told ya!!

For the price it really is a nice camera.

Just for grins CF set it up just once in movie mode. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality you get at night with the IR in movie mode.

We now have six of these working at the farm. With the model cudde's we were buying we could only get three for the same money.

Our neighbor farm to the south of us now has twelve out and some of the movies in IR are simply spectacular.

Funnels & Saddles are the key to harvesting four year old and up bucks. During the pre-rut they are hotter then grizz at a revival in August!
Esox

Post by Esox »

Those are some Beautiful bucks!!!..... That's what keeps the motor going for hunting season.... They're big bucks no matter where you are, Ohio, Va, the Bronx Zoo or anywhere... It looks like you've pretty much got it wired too... You just have to seal the deal... It's never a piece of cake to get on the big guys, but with that many biggies in the same area it's very possible to get one during the 1st days of the early season...

.... Very envious......Good Luck!!
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

NICE!!!!!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thanks everyone.. I checked a total of 9 cameras that day and only 3 produced good bucks. Even one good buck pic out of 9 cameras makes it worth it! I should have those on the trophy cam patterned. Ive got stands on both ends of that ridge, so they have to come within bow range on one of them. Also have one on the field about 200 yards from that. You can tell, but about 50 yards behind this camera is the field. These bucks skirt the inside of the woodedge(typical buck movement). They dont hit the field unless they need to. Thats where most of my best hunting occurs.. just 50-75 yards inside the woodline off a field.

Rattling should pay off pretty good in this area for one of those 3 bucks in the picture. I really have one in mind, but either will do.

Wes, Im going to try my best early.. Ill bowhunt these deer hard and save my other spots for ML season. My problem is, after ML'er season, the huntclubs(which I'm a member of) hit these woods hard. So instead of just me, its about 85 people hunting these deer. Chances are slim of any of them making it. But hopefully if I dont get one, they will. You never know. They were good bucks last season and made it so they have a good core area hidden somewhere off the map. This woods is loaded with bottoms and ridges so it doesnt take much for them to hide.

That 3pt(which is really a 5 or 6 i think shold score high in the contest LOL.. I doubt he has a 8inch spread but he definitely needs to be taken care off. But if he makes it, he should be even stranger next season. Hopefully my borther in law gets him. He's getting sick of seeing my other pics in areas he cant hunt :P

if luck holds out, hopefully one of those walk by:) I really want the older mature buck, but I think one of those younger deer are bigger score wise. Either way the big 9, the perfect 8, one brow, and wrongway(bent antler deer) will go on the wall if they get shot.

who knows.. they could all go noctural when season hits :cry: I have to trim 3 stands there this weekend, but after that no pressure will be in that woods on them