Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Post by mikej »

are you guys talking tons per acre?
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

mikej wrote:are you guys talking tons per acre?
bushels
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

tons would be nice;) I would be a billionare then :lol: :lol:
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

crazyfarmer wrote:tons would be nice;) I would be a billionare then :lol: :lol:
Wow, we could all retire.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Mike P wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote: we hunters actaully exercise here compared to Ohio's fat pigs :P
Fred, I think he must be talking about you, surely he does not mean me or kenton!
The funny thing about fred is that as big of a guy as he is, he has the smallest ankels I have seen on anyone. Ha.

Thats right my friend, I went there.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

crazyfarmer wrote: if luck holds out, hopefully one of those walk by:) I really want the older mature buck, but I think one of those younger deer are bigger score wise. Either way the big 9, the perfect 8, one brow, and wrongway(bent antler deer) will go on the wall if they get shot.
Your right on the money Crazy, the perfect 8 is king daddy of that group. Much larger belly and much thinker in the shoulders and brisket. The big 9 has the best pic though. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict your going to have a fun season.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Kenton, this is my first real hunting season with the help of trail cameras. Its definitely nice know whats there, but I also know the camera isnt getting every buck in that woods either.

im going on a mission for that perfect 8..But if either of those walk by from the side in the woods its going to be tough to tell them apart. Unless I get a good look at his body. That mature one should have a body of a beats during the rut!

im just thinking of which to hunt first.. i have a few stands in each woods Im leaving alone untill ML'er season. It isnt going to take much to make that mature deer go nocturnal. I really want him with the bow :D

i just hope that I actaully get to see one of these deer within 25 yards.. you just never know what could happen
bull_dogg

Post by bull_dogg »

crazy what kind of trail cam do you use?? those are awesome pictures.
bull_dogg

Post by bull_dogg »

CF what kind of trail cam are those pictures from?? they are awsome quality.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

bull_dogg wrote:CF what kind of trail cam are those pictures from?? they are awsome quality.
Bushnell Trophy Cam has the majority of the pics.. I cut and cropped a few of them so you could see a close up. On the full version downsized its very clear:)

The one with the 9 looking at the camera and the messed up 5-6pt ar capture pics...

the capture takes a better image than the trophy cam to me though
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

crazyfarmer wrote:Kenton, this is my first real hunting season with the help of trail cameras. Its definitely nice know whats there, but I also know the camera isnt getting every buck in that woods either.
There are always "phantoms" we don't see. Just wait until you start getting pics of the same deer year after year.