Glendel Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Glendel Buck

Post by crazyfarmer »

Finally got one yesterday... I didnt get the full rut since we dont have 600pound deer here :P

But this is one well made 3D target. I opted for the vital insert which is nice! The 150inch B&C rack is a nice feature also. I just hope no one see's this thing from the road :P

This mainly for my Hoyt since the crossbow is driving them deep into this(up to the wrap)...
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

With those game cam pics you been posting And that head gear that target has. At least your practice will be at a target that looks like the deer. :)
Nice target
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Looks pretty good.

How do you think the vitals line up? They look a little far back from that angle.

Also . . .since you hunt from a tree . . .do they have those with the vitals outlined for practicing from a elevated position(porch/deck or roof)? A buddy of mine has a second story deck that he shoots from to similate shooting from his tree stand.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

here are some better pics of the vital part... they seem about right for me. BTW, one shots lower because I never aim at the same spot twice anymore. These axis nano arrows arent cheap either!!!! I normally shoot for lungs since no air will put a deer down fast. Anything just barely behind the shoulder works for me though.

as for treestand view.. i think they make something for that. I cant remember though. Other than that, you will just have to guess on the shot placement. Sometimes its better to shoot a tad high out of stand. If you shoot to low, you could miss most of the vitals depending on the angle

sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

OK . . that looks much better . . .he looks much more impressive from that angle too. :shock: Definitely a shooter. :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

sumner4991 wrote:OK . . that looks much better . . .he looks much more impressive from that angle too. :shock: Definitely a shooter. :lol:
I think he needs another year though.. his antlers have a plastic feel to them. Hopefully they will harden next year :P

ill see how long the insert lasts though.. thats another reason for getting this. The inserts will always be in stock. Notice the block target below him... I think roughly 5000 shots have been into that. It holds the compound arrows still, but it wont hold the crossbow ones. I have another foam target behind that to stop them
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

My backyard is a graveyard to targets too. :evil:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

nice lookin target , was it pricey?
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

mikej wrote:nice lookin target , was it pricey?
189.99 so yes:-P
HW

Post by HW »

My friend has the full rut and if you turn the block insert, it will give you vital location for an elevated shot.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

We shoot my buddies Glendel Buck a few weekends ago, there were 5 of us shooting and after @ 25 rounds (all vert bow shots) we had to pull the block out and rotate the individual layers out of the vital. I did have one pass through though, it should hold up pretty good if you don't shoot at the same hole and rotate layers.

Rich
catcher

Post by catcher »

Sweet target. I have the full rut and is really nice to shoot at. You will enjoy it. Sometimes they eat inserts so be carefull when you pull the arrow out. :)
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

catcher wrote:Sweet target. I have the full rut and is really nice to shoot at. You will enjoy it. Sometimes they eat inserts so be carefull when you pull the arrow out. :)
will do;) I dont think a tank will pull these out with the goat tuff glue.. I cant get them out with a torch LOL