tough hunting land

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

gogo

tough hunting land

Post by gogo »

going to hunt a piece of land that runs east and west. on the north side and south side there are hedge rows that go to hard woods in between the two is a soyabean field. cannot enter land from the east , north or south sides. if i go up the hedge row to the north do you think i have a chance of getting deer coming from the south. we have west south west winds.lots of deer around the field i have to hunt it? any good ideas out there
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

sure there is always a chance to hunt the area. shower with baking soda fresh washed clothing hung out to dry. take yer time so you don't sweat, make sure your boots are scent free as thats whats touching the ground.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dutchhunter

hunting

Post by dutchhunter »

try to pick a cool wet foggy mornig to slip in .these kind of mornigs have littel or no wind very still fog and moisture will keep your scent from moving and will keep you out of site as you work your way in .good luck DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

If all else fails keep your weather eye about you. When its raining and the forcast is for it to stop say by noon make sure your in the stand and ready. where your rain gear get in there before it stops. Bucks like to get up after a rain and freshn up a scrap, rub a bit and frolic around..thats a great tip to think on my friend
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

simple.. just get in their early in the morning well before sunrise.. let things clam down

get in there early in the afternoon and let things settle.. sure you iwll bump deer in the morning, but they really cant make you out. Ive bumped deer alot in the mornings going around fields. But they usually settle and come back. As long as you dont over hunt them that is
gogo

tough hunting land

Post by gogo »

thanks for the good advise, will certainly use it. will let everyone know if we harvest a deer