I hate my bow monkey shop!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Well the big box stores make their money by selling high volumes of various mechandise. The only way the local Mom & Pop Shop can survive is by selling their limited inventory at higher prices. The benefit they usually provide is personal service to compensate for the higher prices. If you're not in need of those services it's pointless paying premium prices to those "good bow monkey/mechanics". :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
TPM

Post by TPM »

The benefit they usually provide is personal service to compensate for the higher prices.
You've never been to The Gun Room have you. :? :wink:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

planter wrote:I don't mind paying a premium to the local guy but to raise prices on stuff already on the shelves just don't seem right.
I don't know that you're being entirely fair, Planter.

It costs a lot to run a business. There are many "hidden" expenses that are not immediately apparent to customers.

Could it be that it's costing the store owner more to pay the light & gas bill ... to pay his help and provide benefits ... to pay his own many expenses in keeping the store open and working in it?

I don't think it's safe to assume the owner is taking advantage of customers. He probably just wants to make a good profit and a decent living, like we all do, and is raising his prices to meet expenses.

In any case, I think it better to grant the benefit of the doubt, unless you know that the owner is just trying to do some price-gouging. :D
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

My bow monkey calls ME to use MY press when he gets a crossbow...his isn't strong enough. As for spending money at Wally's hell it's MY money.
Price check shows as much as $1.00 difference...per grocery item....compared to the other store, that isn't locally owned either.
Last edited by Cossack on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Ask the owner to his face why? If you do not like his answer tell him, and go some where else, I am very vocal when it comes to my MONEY :wink:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

I understand, and it is what it is. My old man used to tell me- "Boy- it ain't what it's worth. It's what you can get for it."
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

i have very few options in my area, no good bow /pro shops in my area. i have a gander mountain not too far, but the guy's there act like they don't care :x and forget the gun counter guy's, i think there's some kinda club membership you have to obtain before you even dare belly up to the counter??? so i do most of my shopping at big box places like cabeles, bowhunters superstore for example and i have to say i'm pretty happy with their service, if something is wrong or i don't like what i purchased i just send it back, no questions asked no attitudes, nothin......works for me :)
mikej

Post by mikej »

i have 12 within an hour's drive
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
sits in trees

Post by sits in trees »

mikej wrote:i have 12 within an hour's drive
i envy you, that must be great, i would be spending intire weekends going from store to store :wink:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

planter wrote:Dick your response is right on the money!! I should just outright ask him! :?

How many bow shops do most of you have within a hour radius?? I have ONE!!!
A bow-shop within an hour? Are you kidding? :!: :shock:

Must be nice to live in the suburbs like that! :P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Grizz
mikej

Post by mikej »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
planter wrote:Dick your response is right on the money!! I should just outright ask him! :?

How many bow shops do most of you have within a hour radius?? I have ONE!!!
A bow-shop within an hour? Are you kidding? :!: :shock:

Must be nice to live in the suburbs like that! :P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
grizz don't you have to drive for an hour to get to your mailbox :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :lol:
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective