Trail Camera

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

basically someone takes camera parts and builds their own with a big flash and they use a nice lens also..

since they are building it with home used tools.. its called a homebrew :P

the pics off those look just like my Canon XTI DSLR camera :P
XCaddis

Re: pics

Post by XCaddis »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:This is my 89.00 worth of detail, I'll keep spending 89.00 dollars hands down

Wes

Im with you...if I want photos for hanging on the wall I will upgrade my Canon 30d to the new 7d and invest my 1599.00 to take GOOD pictures.

:-)
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

I'm not looking for wall hanging photos but an ir camera with great battery life and quick trigger speed and at least 5 meg pixels is very important to me ...i had a cheap camera and was only getting portions of an critters due to the slow trigger speed i put up the moderate price range camera and now see what i was missing in the past ...my cheap camera has now gone thru 3 sets of batteries compared to my more expensive camera still on the first set and not showing any signs of depleation..... and propably has taken double the pics as well ...hopefully the more expensive camera wil save on cash with battery replacement in the long run too so it may equal out in the long run ...i just show up switch cards whoa...
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Limbs and Bolts wrote: Im with you...if I want photos for hanging on the wall I will upgrade my Canon 30d to the new 7d and invest my 1599.00 to take GOOD pictures.

:-)
thats why I have my Rebel XTI:-P however, im not sitting in the woods all night waiting to take a picture;-P I perfer having a 200 dollar one take good enough pics to frame while I'm at home :P

i just figured while you are spending 100 bucks you might as well spend 100 more and get something slightly better and quicker.. now once you get above 200, the price jumps to 500-600 for the next level. But I dont see where those take better pics than the 200 dollar ones :D
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

crazyfarmer wrote: now once you get above 200, the price jumps to 500-600 for the next level. But I dont see where those take better pics than the 200 dollar ones :D
Once upon a time, they did.

Now technology has caught up.

Your statement quoted above is one hundred percent correct.

I do not go along with all the others that think you are just a dumb farmer.

I tried to tell team Buckeyes that very thing but they just laughed at me.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Mike P wrote:
crazyfarmer wrote: now once you get above 200, the price jumps to 500-600 for the next level. But I dont see where those take better pics than the 200 dollar ones :D
Once upon a time, they did.

Now technology has caught up.

Your statement quoted above is one hundred percent correct.

I do not go along with all the others that think you are just a dumb farmer.

I tried to tell team Buckeyes that very thing but they just laughed at me.
let them laugh.... they wont be laughing come the contest :lol: :P

btw, a friend bought one of those wildgame innovations cameras because it was cheap... it wont even take a picture and he's had it for a week LOL. Thats the horror stories ive heard about those.. either you get one that works or one that doesnt want to turn on.. 99bucks and he's taking it back for a cuddeback now LOL
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

First of all you quoted someone else, I could care less about wall hanging pics, I've got two 300.00 cams in the woods now that are 6.0 megapixel, the d40 is 4.0, capture is 3.0 you got one less and paid 100.00 more,Like I said iF I knew what the d40s did instead of thinking cheap cam won't work I wouldn't have 600.00 bucks in those other two now

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers