Early season feed for deer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MG

Early season feed for deer

Post by MG »

I find it tough to draw deer to my feed before snow hits the ground. I live in an area surrounded by farms so the deer are never really starving i guess. I've tried apples, straight corn kernels, and rack stacker but nothing seems to get them hittin it hard. Any suggestions? Whats everybody using this time of year?
wabi

Post by wabi »

I use corn, with an occasional bit of pawpaws or persimmons scattered around.
If you're competing with natural crops like acorns better plan on moving your stands! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Deer seem to be like people when it comes to eating. Bait a people feeder with pizza and you will get a few takers, but some will ignore it. Same with deer. Not all deer are going to eat corn, but it's about the best bait I've found for my area.
I had a doe & 2 fawns come to the feeder every evening a few years ago. The one fawn would run straight to the feeder, the other fawn would munch clover in the food plot as it slowly moved toward the feeder for a couple bites of corn, and the doe would stand under an autumn olive tree and munch leaves the whole time the fawns fed. :roll:
wabi
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Try something not available locally!

We use carrots and the deer keep coming.

oneshot..........
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !