One handed cocking

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lscha

One handed cocking

Post by lscha »

Does anyone have a diagram or picture of the setup for one handed cocking of the crossbows using the rope cocker? I'm thinking of the one described in Excalibur's frequently asked questions. Thank you if you do and will post it. :D
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

A member here has done it, I seen it with my own eyes. :D
I am sure he will be happy to show you when he sees this.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Laura, I know you can decock with one hand .I didn't know you could cock with one hand.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

SPITFIRE wrote:Laura, I know you can decock with one hand .I didn't know you could cock with one hand.
It was a modification where one cocking rope handle rests in a groove in the stock, pretty impressive.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Pyd, I am instered.............
I am a hunter and proud of it.
N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

I to remember that Pyd, it bwas at the Jan 3/09 meet and greet at Oxford. I don't remember his name but vedry cool also. He put a notch in the back of the stock where the rope at the tip of the"T" of the cocking aid handle went into with the"T" on on the same side you are pulling up on. :roll: Confused? He was right handed as his left hand wasn't "usable" for grasping. he placed the cocking aid as pe usual accept the left "T" was pulled up to the notch and rope slipped through notch with "T" into the right side. He then pulled up the right side until it was cocked. He did this so fast it was like anyone else cocking their bows. :D What we can do when the need arises.
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

HW
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
lscha

Post by lscha »

Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Boo

Post by Boo »

5. I only have one arm that I can use to cock my Excalibur, is there a way that I can use a rope cocking aid?
Theres a way to use our rope cocking aid with one hand that's slick and easy. First you make the rope short enough that you have to pull down about 2" on the second hook to attach it . Next, cut a slot about 3/16" to a 1/4" hole that you drilled through the stock 2" down from the top of and thru the butt plate just to the left of the web for right handers and opposite for lefties. Counter sink the back (butt) side as the handle on the rope cocking aid has to sit into this arrangement . To cock the bow put the rope on, pull the one handle on the side with the slot back and into the slot to rest, then grab the opposite handle and pull up on it to finish cocking the bow. Works like a charm, but it's easier done than said!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
HW

Post by HW »

I wished I could have taken credit for that but as Don has posted the directions came from the FAQ's on the Excalibur main sight.

Very simple to do and a great work out for the one arm. I have done sessions of 40 to 50 shots without any problems.

HW
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

What an excellent idea!

However, I wonder if it would load the limbs the same way as when two hands were being used? Of course that would only be a concern if two shooters were using the same bow, one using a two handed pull, and the other a single handed pull.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
HW

Post by HW »

I use a bit of jig a loo on the rope so it slides across the back of the frame better and causes less drag. I also make sure the wheels in the pullies are turning properly.

When my son has used my bow in the back yard the POI did not appear to have changed.

HW
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Any one doing this is grade A and a determined person to not let anything stop them from doing what they love, good for all

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers