how do you cook a goose

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

N8tr Boy

Post by N8tr Boy »

15 years ago I hunted with a guy that used apple juice 1 qt and baked it in a roasting pan at 225 for 3-4 hrs. Cooking it slow like John said is Key. He also deboned birds and wrapped in cheese cloth and did the same. Also gathered a number of birds and got a butcher to make a loaf. Awesome stuff. :D :D Did someone call for lunch :?: I am getting hungry. :D :D
Exomax
GT II Lazer arrows
125gr expandables
White Tiger 2" Blazer vanes
Chartruese Custom Boo string
Stricknine Expandables
Dabbling with Trad 55#
Mathews Q2 60-70#
Beman arrows
mshell

Post by mshell »

Hi just thought I would give you my East Texas goose recipie.I take the goose breast and slice about a inch or so,tenderise it like a venison backstrap,season roll in flour and fry just like backstrap,it almost tastes like deer done this way...make milk gravy, rice , :D and enjoy!
everyday is a gift,thats why they call it the present.
sipsey

Post by sipsey »

My ole once famous redneck Uncle had the same recipe for goose, that he had for Duck------Make some good buttermilk cornbread in an iron skillet, fine cut some onion, finely chopped celery, an egg or two, a little chiken broth, salt, pepper, just the right amount of sage,a few finely crumbled saltines, a can of cream of chicken soup, a slice of light bread broken up----mix to just the right consistancy---clean and pat dry 1 goose---salt, pepper---stuff with dressing mixture ---Bake ath 375 for an hour and a half or longer (till just done) remove, let rest----
Remove dressing from cavity, throw goose in garbage and eat dressing---tastes real good :lol:
Metropolis

Post by Metropolis »

I cook geese it the crock-pot. Fill the crock- pot with coffee and two cloves of pressed garlic. Cook on low for about 5 hours. The meat falls apart and it tastes just like roast beef..good with a little honey-mustard.