scoutguard cameras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

FredBear wrote:
fletch wrote:Hi Fred have you used both of these? Hopefully the cuddeback is good. From CFs pictures they seem really good but in most of the reviews it seems like the Scoutguard is rated better.
Thanks.
I've you used many brands of cameras and a high end cuddeback in my eyes is unbeatable. I've not used the capture models yet, but a good friends of mine has and likes them, but he tells me there not as nice as there big brother. At half the price I didn't expect them to. The biggest thing i've learned about trail cameras is you get what you pay for.
Fred, I'd love to get the No flash model, but I can get 2 captures for the price of one no flash. The NO Flashs images are better quality and you get more range also. But to me covering 2 spots for the price of one and still getting good quality images is where I ended up. If I had the cash, I would have 5-6 No Flash models :D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Phoenix_Tom wrote:CF mentioned trying the camera this fall and that got me thinking. I'm planning on setting up feeders and cameras as soon as the snow is gone. Is there any reason not to put cameras out in the spring / summer?
some people leave them out all year... its nothing like seeing what is actaully happening when oyu arent there. Plus, if you put them somewhere early, deer are probably more likely to ignore them later in the season
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

crazyfarmer wrote:
Phoenix_Tom wrote:CF mentioned trying the camera this fall and that got me thinking. I'm planning on setting up feeders and cameras as soon as the snow is gone. Is there any reason not to put cameras out in the spring / summer?
some people leave them out all year... its nothing like seeing what is actaully happening when oyu arent there. Plus, if you put them somewhere early, deer are probably more likely to ignore them later in the season
Cool. Thanks for the clarification CF.
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

Pulled the SD cards from my Scoutguards yesterday and have a lot of pictures of bucks that have dropped their horns. Need to find some sheds now.

Take care.
DWinVA
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ddwade wrote:Pulled the SD cards from my Scoutguards yesterday and have a lot of pictures of bucks that have dropped their horns. Need to find some sheds now.

Take care.
same here... I only found 1 shed so far, but 95% have dropped.. im pulling my cameras today to recheck to see if any are left.

most of the sheds this year appear to be in the woods, since ive been over 800 acres of fields and found only one shed LOL
fletch

Post by fletch »

DD can you post some pics from the scoutguard so we can see the quality?
Exomax w/ Lumizone
custom Boo string w/silencers
GT II's w/r helical 4 deg offset
Slik Triks and Lumenoks
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

I don't have a location to post the pictures. I could email them to you if you would like.

Thanks.
DWinVA
ddwade

Post by ddwade »

Here are some pics from my Scoutguards.....

DWinVA
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I have read on one of the sites that Bushnell Trophy Cam and the Scoutguard are the same cameras, just packed differently. Made for different brands.
If you compare pictures from Bushnell Trophy and Scoutguard even the bottom info bar looks awfully similar.
Here is a picture from The Bushnell Trophy.

Darz Bór!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

they are made at the same place... bushneel approached them supposedlt after the scoutguard came out so they remade that camera into a different housing for them. Thus we have the trophy cam :D