Any Ohio guys successful this morning?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ohioexocetfan

Any Ohio guys successful this morning?

Post by ohioexocetfan »

Not me... but my buddy did harvest a doe that's he's wanted out of his area. It's got a large tumor on her side and he says all the other does kick at her when they are together. He's from Coshocton Co. Ohio (SE Ohio) The Exocet is dialed in and ready if the right buck appears.
POOPSADAISY

Post by POOPSADAISY »

No luch here in NE Ohio, too wet.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

No luck here it rained all day. Got wet this morning. I'm going to sit the night hunt out.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

It is 6:00 PM and there are fourteen doe's and three little bucks in the clover field outside Beckers blind. Four does have come within ten feet of the front of the blind. I think they see the TV but it doesn't seem to spook them.

The rain has stopped and the sun is actually out.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

It is now 6:40 and there are 21 deer in the clover.

All doe's and little bucks save for one very impressive young ten point. This buck is two and a half and has some special potential. He has not attained great tine length or mass but he is really something for how young he is.

We had Maude, one of our favorite doe's, come right up and look in the window of the blind from about five feet away.

Becker is in his glory, Ohio State is beating IL thirty to nothing. It is a wonder any deer are even in the field with all of his yelling.
FredBear

Post by FredBear »

Mike P wrote:It is now 6:40 and there are 21 deer in the clover.

We had Maude, one of our favorite doe's, come right up and look in the window of the blind from about five feet away.
Curiosity killed the doe :D Maybe not in this case, but many before her!
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Mike P wrote: Becker is in his glory, Ohio State is beating IL thirty to nothing.
I'd say Becker has to be the wisest in your group Mike.

As for hunting, no dice. I was told the rain would end soon when the skies opened up. Mother Nature: 1, FredBear: 0.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

I missed twice today :? ....I went out in the morning and sen nothing so I went home then came back around 4:30..bumped 4 does that were 20 yards from my stand...around 6:30 4 does(possibly the same 4) snuck up on me at 40 yards and I could not get a clear shot and they went off into the beans eating.No more than 5 minuets later I hear the land owner start his tractor up and head back towards the woods/me(he dumps apples that have fallen off his apple trees along the field for me and he didnt know I was in there ).Then the 4 does that were in the field came running back beacause they saw the tractor and about 35 yards from me they run and I made a noise so the would stop and was able to get a shot off at one of them...didnt have time to range find it and shot over her..she was actually at 28 yrds. I aimed 30 high because I thought she was 35 ish yards from me. :cry: ..no more than 10 minuets later the 4 does come back very cautiouslyafter my shot and I was able to get a clear shot off around 30 yards and my arrow hit a tree branch when I shot :roll: ..the branch was only about 5 yards in front of me and I guess I didnt see it LOL and the arrow went way of course..lost 1 arrow and found my other after searching for awhile....I cant beleive I missed 2 times within 10 mins...anyways I hope others had better luck than I did.
Last edited by bojangles on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

No shots today, but it was great to start another season!!!!!!!!!

Mike - maybe the doe is an Ohio State fan. :wink: :lol: :lol:
wabi
diesel

Post by diesel »

My brother got a nice doe Saturday in the morning . I took Cameron out Saturday night he got to shoot but missed she was 25 yards away and he hit a stick or some weeds. We were in a ground blind shooting down in to a ravine and the doe was in a low spot . It was getting dark and we had been setting in the rain for about 2 1/2 hours.
Had to go back and find the arrow this morning it was of course about 10 feet and if was in the ground at an angle. For it to end up were it was stuck he would of had to shoot through a tree or around it.
We both had fun. I tould him it was going to ran all day Monday and ask if he wanted to go hunting Monday or go to school he quickly replied hunting in the rain is still better than going to school. :D