lil girls first deer close encounter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

lil girls first deer close encounter

Post by crazyfarmer »

Well today was youth day here and its been raining off and on. So I popped up the ameristep blind on a corn field we just cut 2 days ago. She's a crack shot with the bow so I figured she was ready.

Well we got on stand around 4pm and instantly had a spike a 2 doe enter the field 20 yards from the blind. I tried to get her ready to shoot, but she got so nervous she just wanted to watch them. Which was fine by me:) Well after that things died down for a hour and she took a 20minute power nap LOL. Finally she woke back up in time for a doe and a lil one to walk out about 25 yards away and wake right directly in front of the blind 5ft away. I snapped a pic and at the sametime she started laughing so hard the deer looked over and actaully had a OH CRAP look on its face and bolted back down the field. Talk about an excited 8 year old!! She couldnt stop laughing and talking. That pretty much made my day even though she wouldnt shoot. I dont think she's ready to pull the trigger on a deer yet. She's only 8 so she has some time to grow:)

after that serveral more deer entered the field within 50 yards so it was a interesting afternoon with some action.

here is a pic from the blind of the doe.. she might have been 7ft away :D This blackberry takes decent pics LOL. The deer wouldnt stop so thats why I dont have its head in the pic

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

AWESOME!!!!! Your girl will never forget today. It sounds like a very successful day in the woods to me!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

VixChix wrote:AWESOME!!!!! Your girl will never forget today. It sounds like a very successful day in the woods to me!
I think she would have gotten that doe if she had shot.. it was so close I dont think sahe had room for error LOL

my lil boy said he would have shot it when I got home tonight... he's 5 LOL

no doubt he will be ready next year:) Im thinking she's more of a watcher for now. Maybe when she's 10-12 she will come around 8) either way, she had a blast
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

Nice pic. everytime im in my stand i will have these 4 fawns walk right underneath me. they just play "grabass" with eachother and dont even know im there watching them.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
lscha

Post by lscha »

That's cool! I bet she had a fun time. :D
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
gogo

Post by gogo »

I bet your young one talks about her deer incounter for a long time to come. She must of had the time of her life. Fun for her fun for dad ,a good day in the great outdoors. It taught your daughter that you can have a great day of hunting with out bringing anything home. Bet ya she wants to go back soon.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Thats great Crazy, Im sure you wont be forgetting today anytime soon either.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:D A very successful day afield :D
perrysbirds

Post by perrysbirds »

Thats really cool!
I will be taking my daughter out next week on October 5th on her 10 th birthday.Im bringing her for good luck and some experience.get em while they are young!
If im not out shooting deer.
Im home drinking beer!
2007 exomax
Decoy Dan

Post by Decoy Dan »

Good for you Crazyfarmer!
I'm sure you will be there when she does get her first deer. I find that I have a nap when I hunt in the ground blind too some late mornings.

Dan.
I'll let my exocet do my talking.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Awesome!! :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

A long time from now when she is all grown. The time you guys spent today will always be fresh in your minds.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Great story CF! As long as she had fun it was a successful hunt. Sounds like she had a very successful hunt!
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
wabi

Post by wabi »

sounds like a successful hunt to me!
wabi
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good job CF! Looks/sounds like a lot of fun. Next time!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen