Why I would like to lose my username...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Nice video!

And like the song says... "don't go changin'.... " 9 points is nothing to sneeze at! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
maple

Post by maple »

Don't ya dare!! How will we know who you are?

Now that I've seen the video I feel I know you so much better. Nice bucks those 9 pointers are, I 've taken a couple myself, and they taste real good.

Maple
frisky

Post by frisky »

Nine is a lot ,lot better than a 0 point (as in skunked) :oops: Nice deer, Congrats....
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

agingcrossbower wrote:The way it was lying there I thought the punch line to the story was it got up and took off. Great blood trail. Where did you hit it. Congrats. 8)
The deer obviously layed down and expired. It a good reminder that even with a rifle hit, its best to wait before tracking. I waited a full 30 minutes before getting out of my stand. I edited it down in the video, but the deer went almost 100 yards in a semi-circle, even though it was hit well. My .270 pointed soft point Cor-Lokt bullet went in behind the shoulder, between 2 ribs, just above the heart, through both lungs and exited the other side, again between 2 ribs. It never touched bone; all soft tissue. The exit hole was no bigger than the entry hole; no bullet expansion. That might explain the relatively long distance the deer travelled for being hit with a bullet in the boiler room.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Fine Job there 9er Im just glad your out there buddy. keep it up it will happen for you. The good thing about it is you still have a drive to go and get even a bigger one. I know of young fellas who go out and they kill a big ole mossy horn bruiser.. It seems to quench the fire so to speak after a few years hunting they give it up cause all they see is littler ones than before.. so enjoy the adrinaline trying..

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Vortex in SD

Post by Vortex in SD »

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us -- Great Job!!
Vortex in SD
bbbwb

Changing Username

Post by bbbwb »

I, too thought the same as agingcrossbower that the animal was going to flee. I congratulate you on a fine buck -- whatever the size of rack. Good Luck in the desire of your life --- 10, 12, or ????????.

bbbwb