rage off an excalibur

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canadiancaller

rage off an excalibur

Post by canadiancaller »

Hi guys!!long time no post!!
Just wondering if anyone has shot rage 2 blade 100 grain heads off an excalibur??????actually.... any mechanical off an excalibur...used crimson talon 2 blade viper venoms on bear this year and whacked 2....not much blood trail though.......any help is always appreciated..thanks guys!!

cheers
Davey
"whack em' and stack em'"
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

i shoot the rage 3 blades and it basically looks like someone cut their throat :D

of coarse blood trails depend alot on shot placement

but they work great for me
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

One of my hunting partners shoots the 2 blade rage from his Exomax. No problems and it makes one heck of a hole.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
PaJack

Post by PaJack »

I use the 2 blade Rage,works excelent... :D
Hunt Safe,
Jack
Boo

Post by Boo »

I have one issue with them. The blades do not like to be retained by the o rings. I carried the 3 blade most of last year and found that any rough handling like putting them into or taking them out of a quiver can loosen the blades. I guess in the end it's no real big deal because you can always check between pulling them out of the quiver and putting them on the bow but it's something I'd rather do without.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Post by Normous »

Boo wrote:I have one issue with them. The blades do not like to be retained by the o rings. I carried the 3 blade most of last year and found that any rough handling like putting them into or taking them out of a quiver can loosen the blades. I guess in the end it's no real big deal because you can always check between pulling them out of the quiver and putting them on the bow but it's something I'd rather do without.
Good point. I just got into a solid habit of checking the blade seating before sliding them onto the deck. I took 5 deer with Rage 3 blade and all fell between 18 and 55 yards.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Gobble!

Post by Gobble! »

i use the two blade with great success just make sure the blades are locked in place before you shoot
Equinox
Vari-Zone
STS
Rage 2 Blade
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I use the 4 bladed kind, never a problem with deployment, great accuracy and terminal performance to boot. Tough as nails; one is working on it's third deer. Slick Tricks mags.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

you should always check any bhead before putting it in the bow;)
Big D

Post by Big D »

The rage practice head hit the same exact spot as my field tips. I shot a piece of sticker about half the size of a stamp at twenty yards. Both hit the same spot. I shot my first deer with a rage 2 blade on sept 19 the deer dropped so it did its job. With the great flight and big wounds you can not ask for more. Maybe just lower the price.

Big D