Brass Insert Glue

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

barrierreef1972

Brass Insert Glue

Post by barrierreef1972 »

Having problems keeping my brass inserts in my GT 2s. Any suggestions.
DARTONATOR

Post by DARTONATOR »

Roll up a piece of fine sand paper. Stick it into end of arrow and move in and out several times. Use rubbing alcohol and clean out inside of arrow. Them use Gorilla glue on brass insert. They carry Gorilla glue at Home Depot. Good luck !
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I cleaned by bolts and brass inserts last night. used sandpaper and the whole bit, my first shot tonight I went to pull the bolt out of my home made taget bag (stuffed cloths) and sure enough, the insert came out :roll: I used the 2 part epoxy. A good glue for brass may be hard to find. Im keeping an eye on this thread!! :lol:

Dartonator: The gorilla glue that "foams" up? I have some of that I bought for a diif. application. Yet to try it.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
roly

Post by roly »

One Shot , I tryed that glue and it worked great
Haven't had one come out yet.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Try Gorilla Glue . . .no prep, just do it. One warning . . .it will never ever come out again. You only need a little, it expands.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I always used crazy glue in a gel form, never ever had a problem. I also use it on the flaching, never came off.
I used it on the GT2 and this year on the FireBolts. The insets use to fit a bit tighter on the GT2 than the FireBolts but so far no problems. I shoot the new FireBolts in to very hard targets at my gun range and had to pull them out with one of those arrow pullers but inserts never came out.
Darz Bór!
bobby2bears

Post by bobby2bears »

I've used the Gorilla Glue (the dark expanding type) successfully on arrows for me and my friends. It works on Gt's and Eastons equally well. A ltittle goes a long way. I allow to dry overnight and remove any of the glue that might have expanded out around the insert the next day with a razor blade. Never had one fail. Great stuff.

I also have never tried to remove an insert that was Gorilla glued, but I would think it would be hard and require much heat so make sure everything is right before you glue them.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I too have had 2 part epoxy failures, along w/ hot melt and a plethoria of super glues, both gel and non gel.

My next attempt will be Gorilla Glue. A .270 cal bronze 'bore brush' spun briefly in a drill cleans the shaft interiors well.
"Eze 18:21"