seasons slow here

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

seasons slow here

Post by crazyfarmer »

everyone ive talked to up my way is having a slow start.. little to no deer movement. I only know of one decent 8pt killed and a few doe so far. How is everyone else holding up in the other states? The bad moon timing and hot weather have dampered us here.

On a side note.. highd in the LOW to MID 60's next week.... look out

Ohio boys, cool air should good for you Saturday;) Goodluck 8)
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I can only speak for my buddy and i, but the first day or two started out with decent movement, but they are hiding now! Im gonna find them tomorrow though. :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Limbs and Sticks

post sub

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

CF I don't know what's going on down your way, I'm hunting in Montross and seeing deer every day, could have taged out on does, waiting for one of them big boys to come a little closer,

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

I hunt in ne Pa. Have seen 3 deer in 4 days, Not many around I think.
Happy Hunting Stosh
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Been slow here too. Bucks have been moving mostly at night. Im betting they are just feeding in corn fields during the day.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
bojangles

Post by bojangles »

Its been slow here until this evening..I didnt go hunting which apears to be a mistake..The place where my favorite woods to hunt is only 140 yards down the road so I usually walk down there to see if theres anything out..well I counted 7 does and 2 bucks(small 6 and a tad bigger 8)all within 60 yards of my treestand....I tryed to take pictures but they were to far from me..I would have gladly taken one of the doe's though :)..Things should hopefully pick up here because its suppose to cool down quite a bit like you said CF so we will see.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am seeing LOTS of Does, but have one in the freezer allready, hopeing for a Buck.
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Kenton wrote:Been slow here too. Bucks have been moving mostly at night. Im betting they are just feeding in corn fields during the day.
Moons got them!

According to the trail cams the most movement is occurring at night.

We have noticed movement in late morning, approximately 10:30 to 11:30 but mostly doe's and young bucks.

I have not hunted all week due to commitments for articles and deadlines. Also, the Swede is just wearing my rear out with jobs here at the house. I didn't think this was supposed to happen when you are retired!

Also bought a new toy I am playing with that has kept me out of the woods. Can anyone identify this one? You don't see them very often.

Sopchoppy

car

Post by Sopchoppy »

Volvo P1800; built from 1961-1973. I have a friend who had one.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

down in jersey i've seen quite a few in the beginning but nothing really now. had a friend that shot a nice 8 point and have heard of stories but not much on my part.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

Last couple days have been slow also, the moon has got them feeding mid-day. We shot 4 in the last week between 11 and 1. I've only seen one shooter buck and ne didn't present a shot at less than 5 yards.

Rich
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I have not went hunting so far that i couldnt have shot a deer. Most of them does and a few small bucks. went scouting today found a huge rub stick. But its thick Have to hunt from the ground and 15 to 20yd shot. Time for the ghillie suite.
vinemack

Post by vinemack »

Seen 6 to 9 does each day .been out 4 times. l have seen a big buck 2 days in a row but to dark to take a shot haven't seen his rack but looks to be 150 to 200 lbs one big black boy in the dark that is up in canada. best to you all have a good and safe hunt. :lol: :lol: :lol: