2" vanes Vs. 4" vanes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

Re: 2" vanes Vs. 4" vanes

Post by sumner4991 »

Ghost wrote:
I am one of the few who can not shoot blasers, they hit the sides of the riser with enough force to deflect the one inch at 20 years and 2 or more inches at 30 yards.
How/why????
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Ghost

Re: 2" vanes Vs. 4" vanes

Post by Ghost »

sumner4991 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
I am one of the few who can not shoot blasers, they hit the sides of the riser with enough force to deflect the one inch at 20 years and 2 or more inches at 30 yards.
How/why????
Have no idea. I have a vane rub on the left side of the groove and a hit mark on the right side of the riser just after the rail. If it ever stops raining I plan to try Predators with the same fletch setup.

Ghost
Lone Wolf

Post by Lone Wolf »

I have Blazers on my V-Bow and really like them. Got the stock arrows that came with my Vortex and will give them a try. I have a Arizona EZ Fletch with right helical arms but with since the blazers are so short it puts more of an offset than a helical. Hopefully they will work so I dont have to get another fletcher or set of arms.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Well if the Blazers rub it doesn't affect accuracy one bit. Mine are on high FOC arrows (+18%). They fly very consistently, more so than the 4 and 5" models I tested, which are more affected by crosswind....like 3" at 30 yards in a 20 mph wind.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!