tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

tags

Post by dutchhunter »

just got my c ontrolled hunt validation tag for 90b and it is cardboard how are we at attach it to a deer or to the seal .it says we must carry it well hunting but nothing about fixing it to a animal .thy were stick on before now just card paper DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Coon Hunter

Post by Coon Hunter »

Haven't gotten our tags yet, hunting the same WMU. Seems like it's just a cost cutting procedure.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I use the wire ties as well. I have never lost a tag using them.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

I don`t know about your WMU but here in 80 it has been that authorization card for a few years . When you purchased your deer license that is the tag for either bow or if drawn for the controlled hunt .
TPM

Post by TPM »

Your controlled hunt card is just authorization to hunt during the controlled hunt. If you take a deer that week you still use your regular game seal you got with your original license unless you buy an additional seal for the controlled hunt (if that's an option in your area).
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

TPM is right on the money. Just have to carry that one with you during the hunt & it's not a game seal. The game seal is your original deer seal or you can buy an extra tag if their is any left. For 90B the Quota says 200 for the first week & 150 for the second week.
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
roly

Post by roly »

You can't order the additional controlled hunt tags over the phone you have to go to specific locations and purchase, I had to go to Barrie($38.)
philman

Post by philman »

You MUST purchase a deer seal in order to hunt deer if you haven't already. Your Controlled Deer Hunt Validation Tag is just to show that you have been successful in the draw and allowed to hunt in the controlled dates your tag provides. You must carry both the DEER SEAL and the CONTROLLED VALIDATION TAG during the controlled hunt. You might also want to check the regulations over if you are hunting with a group some things have changed over the years......I cant friggin wait untill Nov 16 comes im like a 6yr old on Xmas eve :lol: ....I still have a hard time sleeping the night before Muzzleloader opens up :lol: :lol: :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

...So if you want to buy an additional tag, you can only do so on the week printed on the permission slip they mail you???

New to gun hunting and it shows :oops: :lol:
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Got mine today :D
The best things in life are not things!!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

Ed I do recall they had a small sticker to paste on to your game seal :?
The best things in life are not things!!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

one shot scott wrote:...So if you want to buy an additional tag, you can only do so on the week printed on the permission slip they mail you???

New to gun hunting and it shows :oops: :lol:
Depending on your WMU you might be able to purchase additional tags. You can use either your additional or main deer tag for shotgun/ML week (if you qualified for the special season and received that little authorization card in the mail). Generally, use additional tags first, if possible.

We got our shotgun/ML cards today too. :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.