Got a Buck (almost had it stolen)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yikes ! :shock:

Conrat's on the harvest and recovery !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

my wifes second bow kill was stolen...she hit it high in the shoulder but at a good downward angle. I saw the doe run across the filed as I was going to get her and go in for lunch. the doe ran towards the road where we were parked.. I finally got to her stand and she said she hit a tree limb but it stuck her good..alot of blood..I told her I saw it run across the field and I knew where to start..as we trcked the blood was promising. I found a spot where she laid down and lost alot.I heard a truck slow down and stop..then I heard a thump as if something was thrown in the back of the truck.I was hopeing not..the truck pulled away and gone..I followed the blood thinking OH its just another hunter leaving...I then found where she had stumbled towards the road and dropped alot of blood up to that point then none..about 20yds from the road easy to see area..OH WELL CRAP...my wife was very upset to say the least..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Congratulations on your deer. A thief is a thief even if they are dressed in camo.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Unbelievable!! How low can You get. :shock:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hope the didn't shoot excalipurs. If so maybe they should be taken away on them and replaced with PSE crossbows!!!! LOL Glad you got your deer.
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

Glad you were able to kill and get your buck back the good guy won this time. :wink:

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

Thanks everyone. It just makes you lose faith a little when something like that happens. I'll get over it. My hunting partner was out with his son Saturday. He shot a 4pt out of my stand. Thats 2 deer in 2 days. We'll be back at it next weekend.
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

:shock: almost a unbelievable story i dono what ied do in this situation but i dont think ied be as nice as you !! Ied deff get ther plat# maybe give it to the land owener let him deal with the trespasers. Its reasons like that that 90% of the country side is poseted with red dots. What a bunch of idiots. Just writing iem getin peeved so ial stop now. Like i said there lucky that wasent my deer nthe authorties would be involved one way or the other lol :evil:
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
fdegurse

Post by fdegurse »

if they have permission and said they did go looking for other hunters and checked in with the neighbors their probably telling the truth, I'd believe them, it sounds like they respect the deer and didn't want it to spoil or get ruined by coyotes,

I'm curious it sounds like your not the one with permission for the property as your hunting with a friend, you might want to have your buddy firm things up for the property.

Their probably the local boys who do have permission and your buddy might not supposed to have you in there.

good luck
Frank and a 2005 Exomax
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

Fdegurse.................. Just to let you know. We've been hunting this property with permissiom for more than 20 yrs. One of the group told me he was hunting within eyesight of me and that my deer fell not to far from him. If that is the case, he had to have seen me dragging it up the ravine. They were hightailing it out of there and almost ran us off the tractor trail when they heard us coming I've got no problem with them hunting if they have permission. Taking my deer I have a problem with.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats on your deer.
We got ways a dealin with boy's like that down here :evil:
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

bstout wrote:
fdegurse wrote: their probably telling the truth, I'd believe them, it sounds like they respect the deer and didn't want it to spoil or get ruined by coyotes,
So it's legal to field dress a deer you didn't kill or tag without the presence of the person who did kill and tag it, then transport it without the person who killed and tagged the deer in Ontario?

These guys didn't break any laws?
:D well that pretty much sums it up there regardless of the situation they were in the wrong :roll:
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter