Big Moose

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Big Moose

Post by saxman »

I got this in an email
I looked on snopes but couldn't find it

By the length of his beard and the grey legs, I figure he must be over 10 years old. He looks to be well over 8 feet at the top of the shoulder hump,and with his head up the height to the top of his antler must be about 12 feet .This guy is king of the forest, no bear or pack of wolves would dare come after him when he has this rack......Considering that a dirt road can fit 1 1/2 cars across ... this fellow is HUGE ...THIS IS ONE BIG BOY!
THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN IN ELLIOT LAKE ( Elliot Lake is near Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
Yes it is a regular size dirt road.

Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
NSIan

Post by NSIan »

saxman,

That photo has been around for awhile.
I had the same one sent to me last year, suggesting it was from new Brunswick. In the end, it was determined to be touched up a bit.

Notice the shadows and bright spots on the road by his hoof. Same in both photos, although the moose should have blocked them.
Nova Scotia Association of Crossbow Hunters.

www.nsach.ca
Arkbow

Monster moose

Post by Arkbow »

:shock:

Can one imagine the backstraps off that guy? it would take a dozen of big freezers to hold all that;

What kind of look would one get if he told the taxidermist "I would like a full body mount on this one please"........... :shock:
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

:shock: :shock: Thats a BIG Boy If i ran into him in the woods i would have to go Clean my pants :lol:
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Notice the shadows and bright spots on the road by his hoof. Same in both photos, although the moose should have blocked them.
The sun is more than likely low and to the animals left by looking at the sun spots on the moose and the tree shadows across the road. So I would say you would be able to see the sun spots passing under the moose and to the other side as it is in the photo. My only doubt would be the size of the road. My bet is that it is a 4-wheeler path and not a road big enough for a truck. Not saying its still not a big moose!
Why ride when you can walk!
NSIan

Post by NSIan »

Oh well,

Just letting you fellas know I had the same pictures delivered to me in Dec 08. back then the moose was supposed to be from New Brunswick.

Hey saxman, who took the photo...

I was never able to actually date it as no one claimed it as having taken the photos.
Nova Scotia Association of Crossbow Hunters.

www.nsach.ca
munch

Post by munch »

sax if thats real i think i will trade the 450 in on a rex
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Peach

Post by Peach »

It's a fake - this photo has been around for atleast a year now...I've heard Elliott Lake, BC, New Brunswick...
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String
Peach

Post by Peach »

It's a fake - this photo has been around for atleast a year now...I've heard Elliott Lake, BC, New Brunswick...

Furthermore, all legs on a moose are light coloured. No one could guess he is 10 yrs old without having a peak at his teeth.

Moose don't have beards.
2008 Equinox - STS - Boo String