Lost One

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Stosh

Lost One

Post by Stosh »

Finally after 3 weeks I get a shot at a nice doe, 20 yards broadside. Put the x behind the shoulder and 1/3 up, Just as I squezzed the trigger she moved. I wait 20 minutes, Go look, Wow loads of bright red blood, Slick trick did a job, Spent 20-30 minutes looking for my arrow. No luck. My Bro came and we started tracking, Blood was ez to follow, went about 100 yards, Found where she laid down and no more blood. Looked for 3 more hours making circles no blood no deer, Went to the small creek thinking she would be there, Nope, Then the rain came, Boo Hoo
Good luck HUnting, Stosh
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a muscle hit.
A lot of bright red blood at first - then nothing.
A good chance she will survive if that's the case.
wabi
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It happens, carry on...
If you feel you did everything you could then all is well. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
michiganman

deer

Post by michiganman »

you could have jumped her in that bed.how long was it from when you hit her.i always do a follow up grid search in day light.do all you can,and move on.many times when we think its not a good hit we find them latter.good luck Jim
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

It suks losing one. Could be worse though since it could be a trophy buck. No matter how good you are we will all lose deer from time to time:(
michiganman

hunting

Post by michiganman »

we are only 2 for 4 this year,and emtremly good trackers for many years.the 3rd deer was found the 3rd day,and meated out by tree trimmers.real nice 8 pointer.we were with in 25 yards of that buck ,on a grid search.my nephew went back 3rd day from a gut feeling and believes it was his buck.horns cut off 2.all deer were looked for 2nd day,during grid search.so we are 3 for 4,but really 2 for 2.i didnt want to post this ,but its reality.one year we were 12 for 13 ,one being a meat hit.

bottom line is you give it your best and move on. or it will have you hanging up your bow.
turkey thumper
Rocket Broadhead staff
Throphy Ridge advisory staff
Boo strings
excalibur
paker tornado
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Thanks for the info. I saw her move as I was already squezzing and it was too late to stop. You are probably right about the meat hit.
Thanks again, Stosh
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Sorry to hear that :( But put it behind you and get back out and try again!It has Happened to all of us at one time or another!!!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]