The "Threat of Death" Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

The "Threat of Death" Buck

Post by Mike P »

It was Norm that coined the phrase. In an earlier post I said there was a buck I could not talk about under "threat of death" by my hunting partner Shrader. Well, I still cannot talk about him because I don't want Shrader to kill me, and trust me, he could do it in less than half a minute.

Well the "Threat of Death Buck" made an appearance at a little after six o'clock yesterday afternoon at one of the farms that adjoin ours. He walked within twenty-five yards of a hunter in a climber on a ridge line. I know this hunter. He is a very seasoned pro and has taken his share of "booners" with his compound. He is also a phenomenal shot with his bow. He took the shot.

As the story was related to me by Shrader who called me from the farm, the lucky hunter sent his arrow off and it went about two feet over the back of the buck. Shrader went over to the farm when he found out the buck made an appearance as he wanted first hand information regarding the event. He said the guy got major buck fever and was shaking so bad he was lucky to even launch the arrow.

As I said, this guy is a very seasoned pro. It just goes to show that no matter who you are buck fever can still strike given the right circumstances.

I thought about Tyler as Shrader was telling me the story. I know he has experienced a case of the shakes this year. Just goes to show he is not alone and it can happen to even the "old guys" that have been around forever.

I told the story to the Swede when I got off the phone with Shrader.

She said, "We hunt the farm this weekend ya?"

"Ya," I answered.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Tell your wife to go get ìm! I`m looking forward to the pictures!!! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

This is getting Good Mike! Tell Her To Get - R - Done!!!!!!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Mike, have you considered the ribbing your going to take if she gets one bigger than you. It would be worth it though.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Normous

Post by Normous »

Ya, she vill hunt for TOD this veekend. :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

enormous wrote:Ya, she vill hunt for TOD this veekend. :)
LMAO, Norm, you must know her!
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Swede vs Texan
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt