Six Point Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Six Point Buck

Post by Big John »

Well after a write off last season, and surgery this year, I finally got out in the Deer woods a few times. Its very hard for me to sit long so its up and down in the stand a lot. Not good for Deer hunting. :roll: I dont know huch much I can do this so I promised the wife I would take whatever comes this season , big or small. Well last night in the hard wind a 6 point Buck comes to me when I'm looking the wrong way, with the bow hanging on the opposite side of the tree. :twisted: He was sniffing my scent wick.
He ignored my smell, down wind, and wanted the scent wick. He jumped back to the bush after wiffing me then came out about 37 or so yds. Going away from me, so I let him have with my Equinox!! Using 2216's and Wasp Hammer SST 125 gr. heads. He went about 80 yds into the corn and went to sleep. :) The hard part was coming out last night!!!!
Two hours through mud , corn, water, creeks, bush, etc. I am glad I had a partner there to help!! But even with a cart, it was long and hard. I am feeling it today. :roll: So now, no hunting for at least a good week. :wink:
Here is a couple pics of me finally back at the truck almost dead! You will notice I'm not to happy and barely breathing. Not because of the Deer, just whipped physically!

This Buck was chunky and weighed about 150 lbs. The wife is going to help me butcher him today and freeze him up. But a good hunt with happy ending. I will enter him simply because I dont know how much more, or if any more, Deer I will get. So this is for Team Ontario. :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Good for you John. I know the feeling of being totally wore out doing most anything. That a way to stickum. Keep on pluggen along. :)
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

congrats on yer nice Buck
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
gogo

Post by gogo »

A lot of hard work good job on the buck. Isn't it funny no matter how bad we feel the deer draw us to the woods.
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

Congrats John.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Way to go John! Congratulations!!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

John, I have to tell ya, you look like someone beat you with a rubber hose!

This buck might not be your biggest, but I bet it is one you will never forget.

I know it has been a tough year on you from a health standpoint and it makes me think your bad days are behind you and your better are in front when I see you posing with a whitetail.

There are so many of us here on the forum who are able to identify with what you went through retrieving that deer. We hurt right along with you!
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

By the looks of the buck, in the first pic, he is tired too (with his tongue sticking out) :lol: I shot a deer once on the edge of a corn field. Never worked so hard dragging a deer as that one over the dirt and corn shocks.

Congrats on a nice buck and glad you could get out and get er done.

Long
huntfishfam

Post by huntfishfam »

Way to go John, finally team ontario is on the board. I've had a few deer around but no good shot opportunities.
Sean
I hunt,I fish,I am
Get clean, lean and healthy with isagenix. I can show you how.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
wabi
Michihunter

Post by Michihunter »

Congratulations, nice buck! No need to appologize you look better than me on one of my really good days. Good job.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

Great job John. It's so good to see you out hunting again. I know how tough it is to want to go hunting so bad but your back say's otherwise. We pray that you continue to improve and enjoy doing the things that you love. Sounds like the wife is taking good care of you :wink: .
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Normous

Post by Normous »

Well earned John, now relax for awhile and take it easy.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
huntone

Post by huntone »

Congratulatons on your nice buck
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone