Flu Season

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Flu Season

Post by crazyfarmer »

just a reminder but its here in full force. Ive been dreading it even with the flu shot which is worthless it seems. My wife and 2 kids are both sick. I think im to strong willed about going hunting next week to get sick :P My throat does feel a little sore but flu or not im going out this week :lol:

anyone else been bit by the bug yet? It always hits at the worst time :roll:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I think the 3 of us have had it. My boy and I are still coughing weeks later.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Not the flu ( bad head cold maybe)but something has made deiced to pass on going out today which really bites because the wind is quite today.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.
PFerris

Post by PFerris »

They say increase the vitamin D so going out hunting should help you. Really read up on it 50,000 units a day for 3 days.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I can deal with most symptoms of the flu/cold, but the cough is one that can ruin a hunt.

I hope your wife and kids start feeling better soon CF.
wabi

Post by wabi »

It has already hit our household. I'm about over it, but still a bit tired.
Luckily where I hunt is a short walk in, and if I kill one I have a tractor available to haul it out, so I keep on hunting.
wabi
Undertaker

Post by Undertaker »

They say washing your hands is the very best defense, and that is because it is the very best defense. The H1N1 flu ( Pig Flu) is slightly different in that it is extremely virulent and can be transfered so easily. Coughing causes spit to atomize and these small drops can be easily breathed in. But the major way any flu is spread is from touching a contaminated surface, then your eyes, nose, or mouth.

If you have kids, you are used to getting sick. They catch it at school and bring it home. You love on them, touch where they have touched and whalah- you have pig flu.

The government was caught flat footed as they were all geared up to fight Bird Flu- ha ha ha.

They sell the alcohol based liguids and gels at the drug store. Buy several of them and keep them handy. After you go to the supermarket- spray and rub in. Go to the convience store ? Better wipe. See someone coughing, walk away. Go to the dcotor's office- don't touch the magazines.

The flu shot is a vaccine that was put out pretty quickly. I don't intend to get it because I am not weakened. But if I was elderly, or suffered from something else, I would get it.

BTW- It isn't going away anytime soon. It is going to hang with us for some time. Not all illnesses are pig flu, but....alot of them are. I hear you get better, then it comes back on you.
Just an over informed newbie with a misinformation spreading disorder- and a Vortex
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

my whole house has had the h1n1 virus for 2 weeks now. Go to my stand and cough the whole time from the fresh air. Getting better now, for this reason I have yet to hunt my best stands yet. Not a nice flu bug!!!!!!!!!!
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

My daughter in law is a teacher, so she likely picked up the H1N1 from her contacts in school. She is also pregnant.

Happily for us, she was pretty much over the illness by the time the results of her test were known and it was confirmed to be H1N1. Thank goodness both she and the baby are fine.

At least she won't have to agonize about whether or not to get vaccinated, or, when the vaccine will be available.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.