How many croosbows have you been through?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

started with a horton stag the a horton supermag then a older expcet now my baby is a exomax and lovin it :D
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
LondonDave

Post by LondonDave »

I had a Barnett Wildcat back when I was about 14 yrs old (30 yrs ago) that I never really hunted with. I bought an Exocet at the end of the season in 07 and sold it to a friend part way through last season and bought an Exomax. I can't see buying anything else except for maybe going back down in weight as I get older.

Dave
2007 Exomax
String by "Boo"
Bolts by "GREYWOLF" and "John"
Dan Miller quiver mount
Varizone Scope
Butler Creek and Excalibur scope caps
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I had a Barnett Wildcat when they first came out but did not like shooting it :shock:

Then I had my hand in a cast during deer season so I bought a Daco Scorpian (what the Relayer evolved from :D )

Then many years later with a busy life I purchased a Wolverine which I sold after I bought Wabi's Exocet which I think is my last crossbow as it shoots great & will do everything I want :D :D :D :D

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

All of mine have been Excals. Phoenix's & E'cet 200's & Miss Vixen. I have my lastest phoenix on trading post now to trade fer a machined flat riser vixen or the E'cet flat machined riser 175. Traded riser my forward for a machined flat riser.
Last edited by vixenmaster on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

1st was 80# Whamo, real pos. 2nd, Bnett Commando, neat lil bow and I got a couple of deer w/ it. 3rd was a PSE compound, fast and accurate, 4th another Bnett, forgot model now but a pos.

Fast fwd 20 yrs, Bnett Quad 400 and my Emax [which I loved]came same day. One was still a pos, lol. Blew up trying to get better than 3" groups at 20 yds w/ their goodies.

Ordered a Phoenix from Danny and a year later found out it was a mis-marked Ecet. Had a Paradox, Black Vixen Smoke ate me out of, a Maxpoint, ordered for a bud who crawfished on the deal, My 1st Y-25 I killed w/ 4 whlr, My present Y-25 [pardon the pun] and now a poop brown Vixen for my kid and the kid in me.

I've had two Henegar stocks, one a thumbhole and one and one LH pistol grip that I sold to Danny Miller, 'cept a customer saw it in his shop and begged until he talked Danny out of it.

I've no regrets except the Black Vixen w/ carved tip limbs. It came from a buddy, went to another buddy, back to me and then on to Smokepole. Ikinda wish I'd hung onto it as they are getting hard to find, but truth be told it went to a good home. He's give me some deals on family firearms.

What are friends for? lol.
"Eze 18:21"
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Only have the 1 my Exocet 175.... Love it and can't see wearing it out or getting rid of it either :D ..... Have worn out a few strings though :wink: If I ever need to replace it, you can bet it will be another Excalibur.

Damn, it even has a name ,,, call it LEW ( pronounced Lou) and also stand for Lethal Excalibur Weapon ,,,,,, oh ya, they are also my wifes initials :roll: :oops: :lol: :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I toyed around with my Grandfather's Wolverine, which he loved and he let me use it whenever I wanted to, but it was stolen in 1995 when thieves broke into his house. All of his guns were stolen too. He never did replace the bow through insurance.

I picked up an Exocet 175 of my own and then sold it when I wanted to buy another bow. My wife told me at that time that one toy comes in, another one leaves. That has since changed...she brought a new pair of shoes home one day from the mall (which she has the tendancy to do, a lot) and I listed another pair of hers on EBay and sent her the link. I got a laugh...she got the point. :lol:

My latest is an ExoMax and I don't see it going out the door anytime soon.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I do all my hunting and 3D shooting with the only crossbow I've ever owned, a Phoenix. I really have no interest in owning or shooting more than one bow so unless it gets lost or stolen I really can't see myself getting another one.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

I had a 80# whammo back in the early '70s already accurately described above! now have a excal exomax,tenpoint Phantom, and strykeforce, love em all just don't seem to get to shoot any of em enough.
thanks philip