Hunting in the cobwebs of my mind!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Hunting in the cobwebs of my mind!

Post by agingcrossbower »

Well the wind was good and it was'nt raining so in my mind I thought to myself why not walk north behind the house and hunt. I've done this hundreds of times in my younger years.
Well, its about a third of a mile of fields to cross and then a creek. After that its mix of swamp grass and willows. Now in my mind this was perfect. A good distance off the road, lots of cover, no one usually goes back there because its a good distance.
Now in my mind I was a kid again. Thinking I would walk in and go until I found the trails I knew so well from so l-o-n-g ago.
By the time I got to the edge of the swamp I was sweating badly. My shoulders were killing me from carrying the bow and low and behold a little four pointer jumps up and runs off laughing at me.
That was enough to keep me going. I struggled maybe a 100 yards through the high canary grass and found a trail that cross the creek. I sat my sorry butt in a clump of willows until sunset and headed out. I did not see or hear a thing. The ducks and geese and various birds kept me entertained till the hunt was over.
I dragged my butt home, SLOWLY. I was greeted by my wife who help me take my sweat soaked clothes off so I could hit the shower before supper. Lost one arrow off my quiver on the way out.
Gone are the days of flying home from work to run back to that swamp in back of the house to hunt that last hour of the hunt. Would climb at least one tree in the process so everything would be just right.
Like I said (Hunting in the cobwebs of my mind). Boy, did reality hit me fast. Today, I thought I'd share my hunt with you because I'm to sore to do much of anything else. Lesson learned. Old age sucks! :(
Mike P

Re: Hunting in the cobwebs of my mind!

Post by Mike P »

agingcrossbower wrote: Old age sucks! :(
Agreed!

But it sure beats the alternative. :wink:
agingcrossbower

Re: Hunting in the cobwebs of my mind!

Mike P wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote: Old age sucks! :(
Agreed!

But it sure beats the alternative. :wink:
I agree. I may have argued with you last night but after a good nights sleep. I agree. I choose living. :)
lscha

Post by lscha »

I enjoyed reading that. It was so typical of what I go through. Only now, I visualize what I'm going to do and wear myself out so I have to take a nap instead!! :lol: :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
agingcrossbower

lscha wrote:I enjoyed reading that. It was so typical of what I go through. Only now, I visualize what I'm going to do and wear myself out so I have to take a nap instead!! :lol: :lol:
A local newscaster in our area aways would say, I away plan to workout but before I do I lay down and take a nap and I feel much better so I end up not working out. So true. :lol:
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

I don't understand, you can't stay young forever?
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
gogo

Post by gogo »

I hear ya agingcrossbower, I'm no youngster myself. The woods seem farther and harder to get to every day. But im gratefull I can drag my sorry butt out there.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Getting old isn't for sissys for sure. Ask me I know.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

Kenton wrote:I don't understand, you can't stay young forever?
Only in your mind. I am still 19 in my mind. Guess thats why everyone thinks I'm crazy.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
wabi

Post by wabi »

I can still take the same walks I did 35 or 40 years ago. I just measure time in hours instead of minutes now. :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
munch

Post by munch »

wabi wrote:I can still take the same walks I did 35 or 40 years ago. I just measure time in hours instead of minutes now. :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i think the only thing that stays the same as you get older is it still takes 6 beers to bbq a chicken :lol:
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

lscha wrote:I enjoyed reading that. It was so typical of what I go through. Only now, I visualize what I'm going to do and wear myself out so I have to take a nap instead!! :lol: :lol:
Come on Laura, you're not fooling me. I know my eyes aren't as sharp as they once were, but judging from your pic, you're as spry as a spring chicken. :wink:

Only someone as spry as you would have chosen to walk back to camp, not once, but twice, instead of ridden their 4X4.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.