Do you watch hunting commercials?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Do you watch the commercials on the outdoor programs?

Yes, I watch them.
63%
No, I do not watch them.
38%

Total votes: 40

groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I always pay attention to the commercials with Tiffany in them. I may not know what she is selling but that doesn't mean I'm not watching. :lol:
Why ride when you can walk!
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

The hunting shows are just that, 1/2 hour commericals. :wink: They're just one step down from infomercials. :wink: So the answer is quite clear. Even those who just watch the fillers segments are watching commercials. :P
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Mike P wrote:
Grizzly Adam wrote:
I'm not a prohibitionist, but I'm a reductionist! :P
And according to the bear high on polk berries, an exhibitionist.
You can't argue with Mother Nature, Mike. :wink:

Though, I must admit that I don't feel comfortable performing the ritual during bear season without a blaze orange speedo.

There are some careless shots around. :P
Grizz
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I start off the new hunting seasons watching quite a bit which includes the commercials. But after a few weeks I get tired of most of it.

As many of you have stated they are mostly infomercials and to be honest I get tired of watching the killing. Sometimes it reminds me of growing up on the farm during butchering times. Necessary but at the same time cold hearted killing and butchering...no soul. It is like it really is not about the hunt and all the things that make up a hunt (even though some give lip service to it), its mostly getting on great private land, or areas where you are not going to get on without going with a guide etc...and paying big $$$$$$$$$$giving the owner or guide service a plug and killing something.

I know, I know, who wants to watch someone hunt and not shoot something....after all if your gear does not have a part of or do the killing...what good is it. :roll:

I love hunting and the gear etc.....and I appreciate the people who are hunters and because of that want to make products that work better; are lighter, faster, stronger and more user friendly. But lots of it is just making a buck. I get a little disillusioned with what has become a market.

Sorry, I probably hi-jacked this post.

Long
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

I dont watch alot of hunting shows, it seems so fake with everybody talking to each other and all the moving around. But when a show interests me I will watch it commercials and all.
Arkbow

Shows and commericals

Post by Arkbow »

Don't really care about commericals as I am not in the market to buy very much; spend most of the time on the computer checking this forum and waiting on what you guys {and gals} kill next... :D
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

i don't even watch the hunting shows. not by choice we just don't have a tv out here in the hunting/living cabin. we do have have local & long distance phone & DSL. wahoooooooo
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

smokepolehall wrote:i don't even watch the hunting shows. not by choice we just don't have a tv out here in the hunting/living cabin.
Smoke, I grew up without TV in the house for a long period of my developmental years, and have (by choice) spent the greater part of my adult life without watching it too.

When I was a boy, I was jealous of other boys whose parents had TV sets. I felt like I was missing out.

Now that I'm grown up, and I see how addicted many people are to the tube, and how mindless and devoid of merit much of the programming is, and how much of their time is consumed by watching it, I rather think that it was a blessing to grow up without getting hooked on it! :P

There are so many other things to do!

Your cabin sounds OK to me! :D
Grizz
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote: Smoke, I grew up without TV in the house
So did I grizz.

One, I am certain mom and dad could not afford one.

And two, even if we had one, no tv signal could ever reach any antenna on the ranch, and it is still that way today. Mom has dish network now but that only happened in the last several years.

When I came north to go to college in 1967 all these kids were talking about television shows that I had never heard of. When they learned that I had never seen the Ed Sullivan show they thought I was some kind of freak!

We listened to an old Crosley radio every evening on the front porch of the ranch house for entertainment. Well, mom and dad did. The boys made their own entertainment and it usually concluded with all five in a donnybrook which seemed to provide dad endless amusement until mom would make him break it up. :lol:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Grizzly Adam wrote:
smokepolehall wrote:i don't even watch the hunting shows. not by choice we just don't have a tv out here in the hunting/living cabin.
Smoke, I grew up without TV in the house for a long period of my developmental years, and have (by choice) spent the greater part of my adult life without watching it too.

When I was a boy, I was jealous of other boys whose parents had TV sets. I felt like I was missing out.

Now that I'm grown up, and I see how addicted many people are to the tube, and how mindless and devoid of merit much of the programming is, and how much of their time is consumed by watching it, I rather think that it was a blessing to grow up without getting hooked on it! :P

There are so many other things to do!

Your cabin sounds OK to me! :D

as a kid I never watched much TV at all. Farm life was about being outside so it wasnt much interesting on TV and this was the late 80's when everyone loved TV LOL. I'd rather go fishing or hunting instead of sitting inside the house. It was always something to do outside.