A rough morning

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kenton

A rough morning

Post by Kenton »

On my way to the stand this morning, I was walking around a corn feild. This is a route that is usually avoid of deer, but I heard that ominous noise we have all heard before. In the deer's language it is roughly translated to "danger, run like hell". Although I have been busted many times in the dark, this time was unique in that the deer was so close. I estimate the distance between myself and the four-legged fog horn at 4 yards. Needless to say, I almost had to turn around and head for home right then and there to change underwhere, almost.

I continued on and was in place well before daybreak. About two hours later my right leg started cramping. After the first two, I decided my hunt was over and headed for home. I really don't eat alot durning the rut and I just had some minor dehydration. Got rested up and will be back at it tomarrow.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
longwinters

Re: A rough morning

Post by longwinters »

Kenton wrote: I really don't eat alot durning the rut and I just had some minor dehydration. Got rested up and will be back at it tomarrow.
Alright, I gotta ask............Who is in the rut, the bucks or you? :lol:

Long
cousneddy

Post by cousneddy »

Kenton,
The first time the Army issued me some night vision gear I was in a deer rich enviroment. I made a late night walk about and was amazed at how close you could get to them during the darkness. It was like they could see me, but didn't recognize me as a threat!
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

longwinters wrote:

Long
Well, the whitetail rut lasts about two months where my rut lasts about 6 times longer.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Kenton, eat some bananas.

You need some potassium.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Kenton wrote:
longwinters wrote:Alright, I gotta ask............Who is in the rut, the bucks or you? :lol: Long

Well, the whitetail rut lasts about two months where my rut lasts about 6 times longer.
Mike P wrote:Kenton, eat some bananas. You need some potassium.
Sounds more like he needs a cold shower! :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Gatorade my friend. I eat double everything before season starts. That way I have some fat to burn when I'm all wide open in the woods lol
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like someone might be trying to put a curse on team Buckeyes. :shock:

My hunt yesterday was no better. I got to the farm and found out 3 of the landowner's buddies from work were hunting. I went to the foodplot blind anyway. The zipper derailed when I went to close the door on the blind and it took me 10 minutes to get it back on track and the door closed. I sat for about 30 minutes and just when things were returning to normal an ATV fires up and heads off passing within 100 yards of the food plot. :evil: Another 15 minutes and I hear voices. The other 2 guys are across the creek 50 yards from the food plot talking in normal tones as if they were at the mall shopping instead of hunting. :evil:
I gave up and headed out at that point. :(
wabi
diesel

Post by diesel »

Kenton,
My family has a history with very bad leg cramps, My dad had meds from the doctor they were so bad. most of my brothers all will eat a table spoon of mustard before bed time if they feel like cramps are coming on. Some carry mustard packs with them to use during the day.
I'm lucky I do not get them that often. Give it a try the next time. :wink:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:Sounds like someone might be trying to put a curse on team Buckeyes. :shock:

My hunt yesterday was no better. I got to the farm and found out 3 of the landowner's buddies from work were hunting. I went to the foodplot blind anyway. The zipper derailed when I went to close the door on the blind and it took me 10 minutes to get it back on track and the door closed. I sat for about 30 minutes and just when things were returning to normal an ATV fires up and heads off passing within 100 yards of the food plot. :evil: Another 15 minutes and I hear voices. The other 2 guys are across the creek 50 yards from the food plot talking in normal tones as if they were at the mall shopping instead of hunting. :evil:
I gave up and headed out at that point. :(
The bad mojo I had in Oct has moved your way lol.
wabi

Post by wabi »

The good news is there's still almost 3 months of season. The bad luck can't last forever. :roll:
With the weather forecast for the weekend (hot again) I may wait until it cools down again to get back out. Might be a good weekend to catch a few fish, that season is about gone. :wink:
wabi
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

longwinters wrote:
Kenton wrote: I really don't eat alot durning the rut and I just had some minor dehydration. Got rested up and will be back at it tomarrow.

Long
Both of my kids were conceived during the rut! :lol:
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

diesel wrote:Kenton,
My family has a history with very bad leg cramps, My dad had meds from the doctor they were so bad. most of my brothers all will eat a table spoon of mustard before bed time if they feel like cramps are coming on. Some carry mustard packs with them to use during the day.
I'm lucky I do not get them that often. Give it a try the next time. :wink:
Mustard :? whats the thing with mustard??? please elaborate
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
lscha

Post by lscha »

This time of year I have to take a daily potassium pill for leg cramps. It helps.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Mike P wrote:
You need some potassium.
is that some kinda texas redneck dish with tatters and possum?
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!