CONTROLED HUNT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dutchhunter

CONTROLED HUNT

Post by dutchhunter »

WELL I MUST SAY it was a very boring uneventfull year for me .i hunted alone this year and had a very good spot with lots of sighn tracks trails a few scraps .i hunted every morning for 6 days i shot a doe on monday morning and never see another der till wensday when i shot another doe that was all the deer i seen .no bucks no fawns no chasing .no day time activity at all .for starters we had all are corn still on the fields we had a big full moon and for the most part fsarlly warm temps only one mornig with a good frost .i think the rut is still a week or two away here .most of the deer were in the corn and moving at night .i got lots of pics onmy camara at 2 in the am ..anyways i got so meat in the cooler and can go back to bow hunting DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Congratulations on the does for the freezer Dutch. Go find a nice big nasty buck with your bow!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

I am originaly from Wisconsin. Every year you could allmost tell how good the hunting would be, depending on when the corn was harvested!
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
dutchhunter

meat in the cooler

Post by dutchhunter »

is always a good thing .but over the years i find the memoreies last longer .i am truley blessed having two wonderfull girls that both love to hunt with me .i have taken deer and turkeys with both kids well bow hunting .and these thigs last longer then all the meat ..to only see to deer in a solid week of gun huntinh in southern ontario is realy somthing for me .most years you can see a lot off deer running around the country .i have seen as many as 12 to 14 deer heading for safty across open fields well the controlled hunt is under way .i sat for 6 days 4 to 5 hours each morning and 4 afternoons and i see two deer this week .makes you wonder if all the extra tags are realy the best thing DUTCH ps just my 2 cents
addicted to canadian beaver
DanO

Post by DanO »

A neighbour hunted around Dorset all week. Eight guys in the camp and they saw zero deer. The camp down the road had 16 guys and they saw 3 bucks with no deer harvested. Lots of wolves howling each night. The pack around Algonquin Park is protected and appears to growing.

I agree Dutch, the extra tags probably aren't needed for the most part.

Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.
Straightshooter

Post by Straightshooter »

We (3) hunted all week WMU 75 and saw 3 deer, only had a shot on the fawn. Lots of coyotes howling all night.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Can`t say we had that problem . Most days we were seeing deer ,without doing the drives but sitting doing long distance archery hunting . On saturday alone I saw 4 deer before I shot the larger doe . :)
roly

Post by roly »

Here in 76B we got four smaller bucks (5 people) all sitting on the watches between 8 & 10.
Its like always the mature bucks ran off the little bucks, but we never seen any Does or mature bucks
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's on your doe's ....

There was a lot of pressure on the farms we hunted , so the deer were spread out pretty good ... still saw a few , but not as many as past years .

Still great to get out , an awsome week away from work !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Seeing lots of deer, but patterns are changed. Corns still on and lots of coyote pressure.
I come by my name honestly.