Palmated Bucks Offspring

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Palmated Bucks Offspring

Post by Mike P »

I thought you might get a kick out of seeing the son of the Palmated buck I killed last year. There is no doubt this buck was sired by the Palmated buck judging from his right antler.

This buck was taken in early October of this year on the farm that adjoins our farm on the southern boundary.

I will try and get better pictures of the buck when he is finished at the taxidermist. What you are seeing in these pictures is the buck before the paint work on the nose, eyes and ears.

We have also captured some younger bucks on the cams that are showing signs of palmation in the antlers. It makes me feel good knowing the old palmated buck was doing well with the ladies prior to his final encounter with me.

Also, this is a three year old buck at best. He does sport some pretty good head gear for a buck this young. One could only imagine what he might have produced if he was allowed to live until he was four or five.

I have the feeling we are going to see more and more bucks with palmated antlers in the future at the farm.

gogo

Post by gogo »

That is one beautiful looking buck. Looks like they are doing a great job on it.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

3 year old? :shock:
Thats a monster for this area and I don't know too many people that could let one walk like that around here!
Why ride when you can walk!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Thats a good lucking buck
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

groundpounder wrote:3 year old? :shock:
Thats a monster for this area and I don't know too many people that could let one walk like that around here!
planter wrote:Oh Yes.. I would give him a couple of more years to mature. :wink: :D
I'm just so weak. :x

The Swede has already passed on a buck of this stature that was also a three year old. We would not have killed this buck on our farm. Regardless of head gear, we try to harvest only mature bucks. This buck was certainly not mature regardless of that rack.

I know that sounds astonishing to many on here but you must remember we are fortunate to live in an area with a tremendous population of very large bucks.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

A tremendous 3 year old Mike. Really makes you think about him in 2011. Even so, congrats to the hunter and to the Palmated Buck, looks like they both had fun.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Very nice buck. I love the palmation. It is great that his genes are still in the pool.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
mikej

Post by mikej »

what a beauty
If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective
huntman

Post by huntman »

Mike p: How about a pic of your Palmated monster from last year? Did you post a pic of the mount>?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

huntman wrote:Mike p: How about a pic of your Palmated monster from last year? Did you post a pic of the mount>?
Don't have it yet. Only recently acquired a cape suitable for the mount. The coyotes destroyed the original as you may remember.

I expect to get him sometime this spring at the same time I get the buck I killed this year.
dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

That is realy looking nice 8)
Exomax, Lumizone, Boo String, NRA, ACf, Member, [Proud Grandpa!!!]
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

What a beautiful buck, Congrats. :D :D
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
dutchhunter

buck

Post by dutchhunter »

that is the buck of my dreams there is no way i could pass on a deer that nice .but we only see an avarage of mayby 5 oir 6 deer that size each year .around are area .just love mass DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

A friend of mine gun killed this one this morning.

I had him come by me in archery season at 35 yards. I had about 3 or 4 seconds to decide to shoot or not. I tarried too long and he got past me. :cry:

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]