Southern Ontario rut???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Southern Ontario rut???

Post by chris4570 »

I haven't been out since Nov 1st. What has been going on out there?? I see some of the southern Ontario based forum members are taking some good bucks. Has the peak come and gone?? If so then on what day would you guys/gals say the peak took place?

I will be heading out tomorrow. Any insights would be great.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
dutchhunter

rut

Post by dutchhunter »

i shot a buck yesterday and a doe this am .the deer are chasing real big right now the bucks are doging the does all day and night the best thing to do is to sit as long as you can all day if need be the deer are up and on the move DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
huntman

Post by huntman »

I dont think things have peaked yet. We are close but as dh mentioned they are chasing. In my opinion this will be the week
deer jamie

Post by deer jamie »

yes sir i seen a huge buck last night chasing a doe all over i almost got a shot but it wasent ment to be i could have shot the doe but in 7 years i have yet to shoot a doe there is usually a buck in tail!!! and i wait :D
exomax
verizone
sts string
groundpounder
firebolts
bolt cutter
xbhntr

rut

Post by xbhntr »

I sat in the stand til 4.45pm when 6 turkeys came in and landed in the trees. This noise scared 3 does and a buck that was chasing them. The deer are finally on the move and the corn is being cut in our area. Ray.
ob

Post by ob »

Southeastern Ontario (Kingston area) there is very little sign yet but this coming week should be hot. There are some rubs and scrapes, and limited reports of bucks chasing does. The last three years the rut has been after the gun season, and that is happening again this year.
Evillage

Re: Southern Ontario rut???

Post by Evillage »

chris4570 wrote:I haven't been out since Nov 1st. What has been going on out there?? I see some of the southern Ontario based forum members are taking some good bucks. Has the peak come and gone?? If so then on what day would you guys/gals say the peak took place?

I will be heading out tomorrow. Any insights would be great.
nows the time guy.pull out all the stops
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

I saw two bucks chasing the hell out of does out in 85 today. Not one deer could be convinced to come my way. The bucks had those does on their mind and the does had keeping their distance on their mind.

The next week looks to be crucial, even though I have read reports of breeding occurring in some areas during the gun hunt.