Do You Name Your Hunting Weapons?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Do You Name Your Hunting Weapons?

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I have only one hunting weapon that has so distinguished itself that I bestowed a name upon it ... a 1990 Ruger M77 in .30-'06 that I lovingly call "Ol' Death Wind" ... having killed many scores of deer with it, and other critters like bear, too. Mostly deer, though ... all the deer I've slain with that rifle would make one big pile. Here are the two most recent:

I must humbly admit, though, that I didn't name Ol' Death Wind because of all the deer I've KILLED with it. No, indeed.

I named it because of the occasional deer I've MISSED with it.

As I jokingly tell my friends, I call my rifle Ol' Death Wind because sometimes, the wind is all they feel! :P :P :lol: :lol:

For those sterling deerslayers among us who never miss, well, all I can say is "Touch you!" :D

It pains me to say that I just don't think my Excalibur Exomax has earned a name yet. :oops: :oops:

In time. In time ... :P :lol:
Grizz
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

It pains me to say that I just don't think my Excalibur Exomax has earned a name yet.
How about: "Serve and re-serve" :wink: :lol: :P
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Mike P

Re: Do You Name Your Hunting Weapons?

Post by Mike P »

Grizzly Adam wrote:I have only one hunting weapon that has so distinguished itself that I bestowed a name upon it ... a 1990 Ruger M77 in .30-'06 that I lovingly call "Ol' Death Wind" ..
Funny, that is the same name we "bestowed" on my cousin Francis.
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

I bought a black special purpose Remington 11-87 as a gift to myself for graduating school... with a slug barrel and Remington Copper Solids, it was whicked on whitetail... I called it the "Black Widow" HA HA
hiking

Post by hiking »

once apon a time, a long,long time ago. I had a picture of my baker climbing tree stand and a smooth bore ithaca 37 slug gun. I called it the deer killing machine. thank god for the advances in tree stand tecnolagy, that baker was dangerous and probebly hurt a lot of hunters, I still have the 12 ga ithica smooth bore. I also have a 16 ga rifle barreled ithica pump.
exocet 200
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

I've never named a hunting tool. But If I named this 7m-08 it would have to be "Lucky" because while the shot was a sure thing, seeing this buck when I did was pure luck.

Long
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

The only one of mine that has a name is my .270. Years ago a buddy of mine proclaimed it to thereonafter be known as "Blondie".

Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I name to many things like deer and such... if I name my guns my life will start to think im having an affair since I may slip up and call a name at the wrong time LOL :D
roly

Post by roly »

I have never given them a name .

But when I miss I call them lots of names :evil:

It's never my fault! :lol:
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I name my CB's
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Heck yes. I even name the deer I see regularly. Like, Heathr and her fawns Jack and Jill (they came up the hill the first time she brought them out).
Not a good idea though, can't bring myself to shoot 'em. :(
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Cossack, you gotta name them appropriately. Names like SirLoin, JerkyJoe, Stew-art etc....

Long
lady bird

Post by lady bird »

I call me Encore "ladybird" . The first year I hunted with it, for several days didnt even see a buck. One afternoon as I was just watching the time go by, no deer yet, a bird landed on me. I called Dad on the radio and told him, he said it was a good omen. 2 minutes later an 8 walked out and I dropped him.
I call my Vortex - Chief J Crossbow. I was a huge wrestling fan in the 80's.
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My Exomag is lovingly called Maggie.. but this year I am thinking of fileing a divorce...I dont want to even talk about it................................... :evil:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hoss wrote:My Exomag is lovingly called Maggie.. but this year I am thinking of fileing a divorce...I dont want to even talk about it................................... :evil:
Hoss, I frequently see couples for marital counseling.

Do you need to make an appointment? :?: :P :lol: :wink:
Grizz