GIVING UP !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maple

Post by maple »

You'll regret it some day.

Sitting inside looking out and saying darn, darn.

Maple
hetichunter

Post by hetichunter »

maybe just take a sabbatical and come back with better attitude.
If it isn't hectic, it isn't hunting!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Do you have your own transportation?? If so there is nothing stopping you from hunting.

Prior to owning a vehicle I relied on my uncle but he was unreliable, and stopped hunting all together. I enjoy hunting far too much. I saved my pennies by eating plain rice for almost a year, bought a vehicle, and started hunting again. As often as possible.

You have the passion. The desire. Get out there and hunt.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
Michihunter

Post by Michihunter »

Ya Ya I've known guys like you before. You tell your wife and friends that you are done and are selling all your hunting equipment. Then conveniently you change your mind next year just before the season opens and decide you need to buy all NEW stuff. Pretty smart :wink: Maybe you just need to take a season off. I'm 57 and hunt alone 99% of the time as well and have for many years. I just returned from hunting 11 days of bow and 7 days of gun during the Michigan deer season all alone except for one day. It can get to be grueling for sure but that makes the success even sweeter. I hunt fairly remote areas of upper Michigan and figure someday they will find my bones in the spring. I'm not quiting until my last breath. To me there would be no better way to go. It's not for everyone so it comes down to a personal decision. Good luck.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Stick with it, and give up on the buddies. Some of my best times are in a stand on a crisp cool morning, by myself with nature as a t.v You will regret selling your stuff eventually.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

My desire for hunting has changed over the years. I used to love being all on my own, did not need anyone nor want anyone. I craved the time alone and the more the better.

Then I got a good hunting partner and found I enjoyed getting together at the truck after the hunts talking about what we saw, or didn't see, and also the help in tracking and dragging.

Now he is retired and too busy to bow hunt. Always something going on with him. So I hunt by myself again. Getting older it isnt easy dragging on my own and sometimes it really helps in finding 1st blood, at dark, having another set of eyes.

But I am not stopping living just because I don't have someone else that wants to hunt to go with.

I certainly understand your feelings....but I wouldn't sell your equipment. Hold on, maybe there is someone else you can hook up with to go hunting.

Long
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Don't ever make a decision like this based on other people. Make the decision based only on what you want to do. If you no longer want to hunt, that's one thing. It's a completely different story if you quit because no one around you wants to hunt.
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

It really is too bad some of us don't live closer.

Long
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

Hunting with your friends can be fun but hunting alone is also very exciting.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I am now 66 years old and have both hips replaced, one twice, also nine back surgeries. When I started deer hunting in the 60s there were 5 of us who hunted together. This lasted about 3 years and it dwindled down to me. I have hunted in the same area as friends but we all drove our own vehicles and most of the time meet up at a central location for a cold one after the hunt. We would make sure all were out of the woods before we went home.
I still hunt alone. I have learned ways to put my stands up without any help, to get my harvest out without any help, and to do the other things necessary to to get the job done without all the BS.
I am by no means a recluse, I have lots of good friends that I do lots of other things with but I HUNT ALONE and like it much better that way.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire