Trail-Cam Suggestions?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Re: Trail-Cam Suggestions?

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you want, do a search for my name and cuddeback capture or trophy cam. I have more than enough pics posted to help you make up your mind if images speak for themselves :D

you will get quite a few blank pics with the trophy cam. The capture is the only camera ive used that 98% of the time it has a deer in perfect view for the show. Some even in mid jump :D

most cameras work ok and will get you a picture so any will do the job. Each brand will have a few bad apples in the bunch also. I just hate seeing people get sub 100 buck cameras which work for 2 weeks and then they get a bad idea about trail cameras. Granted, some of those 100 buck cams could outlast the top of the line ones:-P But its a 50/50 chance
huntone

Post by huntone »

As Crazy said...The capture gives the best photos as it has a white flash.

That is the reason I have two types. If I really need fine detail and identification, I'll set up the
Cuddlebacks, old password protected ones with white flash, to really get the fine detail I need. I've been following
this one buck for three years, I know it's him only because of the cuddlebacks.

With any trail camera brand, high dollar or low, I would have two....just in case.
And would pick a brand that has good customer service......JMHO.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Ain't bad for a yr and half old 100.00 dollar cam, high dollar doesn't always mean it's worth it

Wes

"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Crispy

Post by Crispy »

You could go to cudde backs web sight and check out the pics from all over the world in thier gallery. Some amazing stuff people capture on thier trail cams.
Crispy
huntone

Post by huntone »

Limbs and Bolts wrote:Ain't bad for a yr and half old 100.00 dollar cam, high dollar doesn't always mean it's worth it
That's very true wes, but the low dollar cams have come a long way since I got my Cuddlebacks years ago.
What I am saying is that to me any white flash camera is better than a IR for detail, in night time use.
Last edited by huntone on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale

Ibex
Lumizone
Dan Miller mount
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's