O/T Olympic torch relay

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

catcher

O/T Olympic torch relay

Post by catcher »

I just back from watching the olympic torch relay go by our neck of the woods. I must say it was really organized and well presented to the public. There was a big truck and chearleaders handing out banners for everybody then there was a cheering prosession to get the crowd pumped . Then the torch runners came by with the torch all of this was sorounded my RCMP. Pretty neat to see.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Kelley

Re: O/T Olympic torch relay

Post by Kelley »

I never got to observe the carrying of the torch except on TV. You may have experienced a once in a lifetime event. Glad you got to see it. Wish I had.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I have been fortunate to attend two Olympic games, the most recent in Beijing.

I consider both to be amongst the highlights of my life.

If you ever get a chance to attend the games do not pass it up!
maple

Post by maple »

It came through my neighbourhood Sunday afternoon. People lining the street, police ecsort, sirens and all, lots of people joining in.

It was just like a parade only better! I was happy to see it.

Maple
Tom

Post by Tom »

They are going to run right past my house today. Then the DAY END celibrations will only be a block away from my parents house. I hope to get some pictures and maybe a short video of it this time. Back in 88 I saw the tourch but never got any pictures.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
catcher

Post by catcher »

Tom wrote:They are going to run right past my house today. Then the DAY END celibrations will only be a block away from my parents house. I hope to get some pictures and maybe a short video of it this time. Back in 88 I saw the tourch but never got any pictures.
There is a Coke vehicle and they give out little bottles of olympic edition themed coke bottle. Try to get one of those. They handed out on the other side of the road from were I was so I missed out on those. And do not forget your camera.
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
jay73

Post by jay73 »

I caught them in Carleton Place this past weekend...it was pretty cool to see and get pictures of. :D There was a nice sized crowd out on the streets.

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Tom

Post by Tom »

catcher wrote:There is a Coke vehicle and they give out little bottles of olympic edition themed coke bottle. Try to get one of those. They handed out on the other side of the road from were I was so I missed out on those. And do not forget your camera.
HEHEHEHEHEHE I did get to get one of those little Coke Bottles (actually metal shaped like bottles). Well if the truth be told, I got two, one regular Coke (red) and another Coke Zero (black). They are setting up on a shelf right now :D . I did remember to take my camera this time and did get some nice video clips from 2 different locations (my house & at the hospital). My house was day time and the hospital location was at night. What a difference the night was in viewing the flame. All I have to do now is figure out how to combine the videos and then post them :lol:
Tom
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

A total waste of taxpayers money if you ask we...we have homeless people and starving children in this country and they waste our hard earned dollars of that frigging crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Brampton Mike wrote:A total waste of taxpayers money if you ask we...we have homeless people and starving children in this country and they waste our hard earned dollars of that frigging crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike I usually do not reply to comments like above but I feel the need to this time. Yes there are homeless people and starving children in this country ..... but there is more to life then a house and food. Believe me when I say this. I know what it is like to go hungry and how difficult it is to keep an apartment on a Disability in Ontario. But in saying that, sports and distractions is one thing that keeps me and others in positions like this sane.

What money of yours are they using for the torch relay (I believe that Coke & RBC sponsor the run). Remember that the Calgary Olympics were the first Olympics that made money. In other words, that there was more money come in then was spent to put on the Olympics, plus after, there was lots of lower cost housing available and all the facilities for sports, that people can use.

Mike I am not condemning your views or even saying that your views are wrong, only pointing out that there are many many people in Canada that want to see the Olympics in this country. Remember that there are alot more people in this country and other countries that say the governments of this country are wasting money supporting or running programs that support Hunting.
Tom
Real McCoy

Post by Real McCoy »

Mike - You are welcome to come on down to the lower 48 and watch Obama and his crew waste taxpayer money as hope and change comes out of your wallet.
Southern Born and Bred
Exomax
Varizone
Groundpounder

A man who is good enough to shed his blood
for his country is good enough to be given a
square deal afterwards - Teddy Roosevelt