Please read

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Please read

Post by raydaughety »

Seems once or twice a year I'll get on my soap box about something and make a pure nuckleheaded softie out of myself here on the forum and I guess I'm about to do it again. It's not one particular event that brings this up but a pile of many small things that Have built up and are now overflowing with tears down my face. As I look at the girts under the Christmas tree this morning the biggest gifts that I have received this year are strong, unbreakable friendships that I have been blessed with from this forum. I know some of you folks on the forum better that I know my next door neighbors. For those of you that have not been around that long, I ask you to just take the time to go through the archives and experience the humanity shown by the gracious members of this forum. I know that most of my posts aren't about crossbow technical issues but let's be frank, you install the string, scope, zero it in and start killin deer, not very complicated when you own the best crossbow in the world :wink: . Seriously, I may change something from time to time but it is usually cosmetic and has nothing to do with performance that I already have in my exomag. I enjoy it's simplicity because I'm not much of a tickerer.

What am I babbling about? I'm putting you guys up on a pedestal where you belong. You just don't realize how far that raffle money goes to help a handicapped hunter. Whether it be to pay for a hotel room, a meal while they are here or help with their license. When I see the smile on the faces of these handicapped hunters I can't help but think of you all. You should be proud of yourselves and if you really want to top off your season with a blessing, take a handicapped hunter out for a day. You will not regret it. You will get more out of the experience that the hunter will, I promise.

It can't go without saying how proud I am of this forum for creating and maintaining the Excalibur Kids Program. Let's keep this project close to our hearts and minds as every gift that goes to your area coordinator is a blessing to a child somewhere. Thanks to all that have volunteered for this project, especially Mike P and Bill T. What a show of love for our way of life in God's great outdoors and the animals in it.

I have some "special" friends on here that understand my past and help me deal with my losses. Losses that happened many years ago that have left scars in my heart and my mind that I try to deal with on a daily basis. Each day a challenge to push it aside and carry on with the new family that God gave me 19 years ago when I met Tina with my children, Tyler and Brianna to follow. I am a blessed man.

Lastly, I would like to share something that happened with my 6 year old daughter as they celebrated Christmas by singing Christmas carols at a local nursing home. She was given the chance to speak about what Christmas meant to her and got the chance to sit in Santa's lap and tell him what it was that she wanted for Christmas. With a tear in her eye, she asked Santa if he knew Jesus and when he nodded his head "yes", she asked if he would ask Jesus to take her Dad's back pain away. She also asked for a miracle for Flbuckmaster and Saxman. She finally just asked that he heal (quote) "everybody that needs healing" :D Again, I am a blessed man. Merry Christmas everyone :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Please read

Post by Doe Master »

Thank you for that post Ray .
It puts things in perspective of what really is important . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
SPITFIRE

Post by SPITFIRE »

Very nice post. Your right Ray you are a blessed man. A very merry christmas to you and your family always.
I am a hunter and proud of it.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Merry Christmas to you and your family Ray!

And you are blessed Ray.... I know that your young man Tyler has really left a permanent mark in my heart.. Has to do with his contribution to the " Digger Memorial Fund" sending his allowance money was a very gracious thing he did... Something most children his age would not even think of.... If I had children of my own , I would hope they would be as caring and compassionate as your children! I will always remember You and Tyler, and I have never even met you :wink: But sometimes people can touch you from a far....

Harry

Merry Christmas
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Migabby

Post by Migabby »

Truely Beautiful, Ray. Yes, you are Blessed!

Migabby
Gold Tips
Slicks
Proud Groundpounder Mount Owner
Proud Boo String Owner
Island Hunter

Post by Island Hunter »

You sure do sound like a blessed man to me Ray. I haven't been on here that long, but everything I have read from and to you tells me that you and your family are truly blessed. Have a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. :D :D :D :D :D :D
(2013) MATRIX 355
Tact-Zone scope
18" Diablo's
150gr Boltcutters
Danny's Flemish String
Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers
(2009) EXOMAX 350
Varizone Scope
20" Fire Bolts
150gr Boltcutters
Ground Pounder Mount
Boo Strings
STS
bucont

Post by bucont »

Again Ray, you touch our hearts. Thanks for being here on the forum, you are an assest.
Enjoy the holidays and thanks for sharing.
Axiom SMF
Munch mount
MeadowBrooke Game Calls
LCCA
blondeee

Post by blondeee »

Happy Holidays Ray to you and your family.... from our home to yours .....

Ric and Joanne
maple

Post by maple »

Ray, you and Tyler, as well as your other family members, are an integral part of this forum. We know you for who you are, and I must say, I am proud to have made your aquaintance(s). You two have done us much good, as is your daughter at this point. I'm sure you are proud of them 'cause I know I am.

May the Lord ease your troubles and hold you and yours in the palm of his hand this Christmas.

Maple
roly

Post by roly »

Merry Christmas Ray, to you and your family

Hang in there and keep kicking

I keep mentioning your name :D
saxman

Post by saxman »

That's what it's all about. :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Ray; I have not been on the forum very long, but the time that I've been here I've got to know you and your family as good honest people. Very proud to know you. :)
radio2operate

Post by radio2operate »

Merry Christmas to you and your family Ray.Yes God has been good to us all,none of us deserve his forgiveness but he has made it available to each one of us.God bless and keep us inspired with your words of kindness.

Ron