Can't count to 5!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vaguru

Re: Can't count to 5!

Post by vaguru »

The inserts allow for more or less of the target to be viewed. It's nothing new, just a compound peep. Unfortunately, nothing commercially available that I could find. So a trip to the drill press, hack saw and file. Viola, I have one.

This was made to be NAA, WCSA, NFAA legal where no magnification is allowed. That being said, there is no magnification of your hold movement and seems to be less. It isn't less, but not magnified, so most people feel the hold is more steady.

This is still all trial and error. Have to see what works consistantly.
Gold Tip Pro Staff
Bohning Pro Staff
frisky

Post by frisky »

Nice to know the bow and shooter can hit the same spot twice. :D Still a oop's :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
longwinters

Post by longwinters »

Like I said previously "nice shot" but technically it would score a zero in league or tourny's...or maybe that is if you shoot someone elsed target :? can't remember. Anyway, I think if you shoot a robin hood it should score double... :lol:

As I think about it I think that is if you shoot someone elses target.

Long
Sean McKenty

Post by Sean McKenty »

Actually it would still score a 5, as from the rules if 2 arrows are in the same target only the lowest arrow will be scored assuming he shot at all five targets he would still score a 25 even with shooting 6 arrows since only the 5 lowest scoring arrows are scored ( I think the NFAA has some variations from the World level) I beleive that the NFAA say you can shoot any number of arrows into any of your targets but only the 5 lowest will score and beleive they also have a penalty point for arrows in excess of 5