Re: Soft case Pics added

Post by Dereck »

TTT
Tenpoint Matrix
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Looks great Dereck!!!!!!

I've got a bit of camo lying around in my stash and might play a bit too. Did you attach the two together with something or are they just overlapped and held in place with the drawstrings?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

not attached just the elastic cord if your around my area drop by and check it out
Tenpoint Matrix
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Looks good, put me down for 1 maybe 2.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Looks great Dereck! I like it! Now you've got me thinking of making one too but I'm thinking of a different one piece slim-line design that would still be easier to load and would work well in ATV rifle racks.
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
ComfyBear

Re: Soft case

Post by ComfyBear »

wabi wrote:I've often thought the Excal soft case would be much improved if it had a T shaped opening with 3 zippers. It can be a pain trying to get the crossbow stuffed in the way it is.
I have two soft "T" cases. The first one is a one-piece with a top zipper, which I bought for my Wolverine back in 1989. The other, I sewed up myself a couple of years ago. It's a two-piece with a couple of zippers on the bottom of the top piece.

Both are compact and work quite well. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

You've got me thinking.... Once of these days I might try to come up a one piece that opens sort of like those mitts that have that front end that flips back over to expose the fingers.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
lscha

Post by lscha »

VixChix wrote:You've got me thinking.... Once of these days I might try to come up a one piece that opens sort of like those mitts that have that front end that flips back over to expose the fingers.
DHOH!!! Now ya did it! Someone's going to steal the idea and you'll be out MILLIONS!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously: That's a brilliant idea.
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Pydpiper

Re: Soft case Pics added, Material Updates

Post by Pydpiper »

The first one my wife made for me used Velcro tabs, spaced about 6-8" from each other. The MNR said it would not pass because you could slide your hand in. We ended up having to go to a full length zipper. I brought it right to the Aylmer office, I was more concerned about my quiver being mounted externally with the Groundpounder mount.
Just something to think about.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I love homemade gear.

I've got a sewing machine that will sew heavy material and canvas. I've made quite a bit of outdoor gear with it. Doesn't threaten my masculinity a bit. I can also whip up fruit cobblers, pies and cakes that will make your tongue beat your brains out if any gets on your forehead!

Can't stand a dirty dish, either.

:P :P :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Boo: I'm sure you might know this, but one way to make zippers, clasps, pull tabs and closures usable while wearing gloves is to braid two or three inch paracord extensions for them. If it's something like a nylon pull tab or closure that doesn't have a hole for a split ring, simply use a nail heated cherry red to pierce a perfectly round sealed hole in it, install a split ring, and braid away. These extension pull-cords make working in the dark or cold a whole lot easier, plus the cordage used in them can come in handy sometimes. They're cheap and easily replaced.
Grizz
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Dereck wrote:I use a soft case for hunting but always find it a pain in A%# to put the bow in it in the dark or when its cold and I have gloves on, anyway I think you get the picture.
Making a two piece case
As far as I know this doesn't violate any law of what a cased bow is.If any one knows more please let me know.

Hope to have it finished this week and will post up some pics at that time.
If people like the idea and there is some interest I may make a few for sale as long as I don't get another renovation to start around the house :D .

Here is the completed case
Pic four shows the bow top portion stretched and hooked over the rear peap or would go over a scope to keep it a little tighter.
I am very happy with the results

Went out to look for camo material today very disappointing No recognized patterns avail and can not order.True Hunter Camo( is not horrible), Cad Pat in light green colors.
For a heavy grade material it is about $35 for the material almost not worth it
Have to check Len's mill store on Thurs and will hopefully have better luck

ImageImage
ImageImage
The last time i was at lens mill they had a few different patterns. I can check with my friend as well to see what he can get, if you like.
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

NewGuy wrote: The last time i was at lens mill they had a few different patterns. I can check with my friend as well to see what he can get, if you like.
Len's in Cambridge generally has more selection... I haven't been to Hawksville lately, but I've found the Kitchener Len's to be very "hit and miss" for good camo.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I will check with MNR as well no point going hog wild here and find out it can't be used.

Boo shared some ideas he had for a case so I will be putting one of those together this week.
And will show that here as well.
Tenpoint Matrix
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Dereck;

worst case scenario you can replace the elastics with drawstrings. But Pydpiper is right. I've had a warden tell me the drawstring has to be tied or the gun sock wouldn't cut it as a "case".
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

A gun I can understand a little you could load it in the case and shoot it from a case but a crossbow shot from a case, not even going to think what would happen to the case and bow.
But this is Canada the home of the lets not use common sense gov. :roll:
Tenpoint Matrix