Excalibur Hard Case (with pictures)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

roly

Re: Excalibur Hard Case (with pictures)

Post by roly »

When you started this post I was very interested in this case.

For Christmas I got a Plano case, and I decided to borrow Pyd's idea and used it for my CB.

It turned out great and I really like it

Thanks David!
saxman

Post by saxman »

I still plan on using a double scopped gun case.
SKB has one out that is fantastic and airline approved with TSA locks.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

g'day there to put your hunting heads into to tighten them up or remove them. & your case is awesome! regards frank
JUST FIGHTING TO SURVIVE..
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

i converted a compound hard case to fit my exocet with a little trimming for the stirrup....all i need to do is take the 2 bolts from the riser out..........bob

exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

There's nothing wrong with those set ups. I saw one a while back that didn't require the handle to be cut out for the stirrup. The handle and the stirrup seemed to be perfectly aligned.

I liked the bow case idea because it seemed to give you more room and offered some good arrow storage. But I found them to be bulky - compared to the double rifle case. I went with the double scoped rifle case and got that all set up with straps, and containers etc and it works great. Some MTM arrow cases filled with arrows and you can store them anywhere in the truck quite nicely.

But for me it's about available space and safe transport. Quite often I'll be going to my camp with several bows, and crossows (now that son got the Vixen II), shotguns, and rifles, flats of ammo and crates of clays. We like shooting - a lot. That's in the off-season. During the hunt we can carry more. Now add to that all our coolers of food and drink supplies, multiple 12v batteries, jerry cans of gas, shooting gear, hunting gear, clothes, deer feed etc. The truck is pretty much full. I'm thinking of downsizing the Dodge Ram to something like a Jeep or Xterra but the smaller the truck I go with the bigger the trailer I'll need to haul our stuff with. Plus, you can't beat all that covered storage in the bed of the truck with the big cap on it. Hmmm. I'm talking myself out of downsizing! :D
2008 Phoenix w/ Varizone Scope
FFF String (Boo string wannabee)
Groundpounder Mount
Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout RF
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I appreciate the info phoenix tom and i think everyone else here appreciates you sharing your great find with us. I will probably get one of these myself as i am like you i want to protect my xbow and don't want to take it apart. So congrates on a great find and appreciate the additional specs!
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Hi Turtleman;

I'm not actually the OP on this. Simplykaotic started this thread and put up some great pics. I've just been adding my 2 cents and answering questions. :oops:

These cases are pretty new to the market. I hope they do well with the sale of these cases. Someone saw a need, had an original idea, hit the drawing board, started manufacturing and took it to market. And it's pretty much a product specifically designed for Excaliburs - although they'd probably fit any recurve xbow but I doubt they had Middleton in mind when they thought this case up. I like to support people / small companies that are supplying great products for our Excaliburs.
Groundpounder Mount
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
Turtleman

Post by Turtleman »

I dropped them an email about cost / S&H. They told me it would be $160.00 just for shipping to the states via UPS.Said it may be a little cheaper to go regular mail but they didn't know. That is alittle to costly for my blood and that doesn't include the price of the case. Nice case but i'm not going to pay that !
Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!
the elf

Post by the elf »

I just handled this case--and while it gives good protection for the xbow---to me it appears to be a major pain in the a$$ to get the bow out easily in space restricted areas.
Also the latching mechanism is made of a stretchy rubbery type material--which could break .the weight is not too bad---but here in Ontario you still need some kind of case for that time
of before Dawn and after Sunset.
I much prefer my double gun case for takedown storage in the off season.[It fits under a bed
or on a shelf in a cupboard]. This case has the shape of an assembled Excalibur and in my opinion will take up more space.
At this time it is not on my wishlist.----------ELF.
Phoenix_Tom

Post by Phoenix_Tom »

Turtleman wrote:I dropped them an email about cost / S&H. They told me it would be $160.00 just for shipping to the states via UPS.Said it may be a little cheaper to go regular mail but they didn't know. That is alittle to costly for my blood and that doesn't include the price of the case. Nice case but i'm not going to pay that !
That's insane! Be patient. I'm sure they'll soon find some in-roads into the American retail and / or distribution market. It's really unfortunate that the price of gas, or more correctly - diesel, is hindering people from making purchases because the price of shipping is ridiculous. I'm no economist, nor have I ever played one on TV, but this sure as heck can't be helping us get out of this recession.
Groundpounder Mount
NAP 125g Spitfires
Firebolts and 2216s
jmemphisguy

Post by jmemphisguy »

Thanks for the pics and info!

I would be interested to hear if anyone has any experience checking one of these new hardcases on an airline.

Did it work out?

Is it considered a regular checked item, or is it charged oversize?

Thanks!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Heres the bow in the compound case.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Folks,
I don't know if this question has been asked before but here it is. Can you close the case with a Groundpounder mount or a Munch mount left in place? I have the Excalibur Deluxe Case and will be sticking with that until those hard cases come down in price. By the time one was to be shipped here it would cost $200.00, way to much money for that.
Thank,
Raymond
Dash

Post by Dash »

I feel the same ray. It looks good, but probably cost way too much by the time it got it here. Its good to have somethin that can sit in the back of the ute (Sorry truck) and stay dry too, not like a soft case.
Sure would like it though !
jmpeairs

Post by jmpeairs »

What is the name of the company where you purchased the hard case?