Maximus Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Re: Maximus Crossbows

Post by TPM »

Seriously I held one and they weight double what an excalibur does.
I understand that their rail is solid so that would probably account for much of the weight issue.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

There was actually an ad for Maximus Crossbows in the back of my Ontario Out of Doors Magazine!! Whats up with that? There is no ad for excalibur even though they are an Ontario based company!!! Shouldn't the OFAH be supporting local business over Chinese knock offs??? :shock:

I only hope the buying public doesn't get sucked in!! Go Excal!!! :D
2016 Matrix 350LE, Munchmount, RBB, Hawke XB1
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Pinpoint wrote:There was actually an ad for Maximus Crossbows in the back of my Ontario Out of Doors Magazine!! Whats up with that? There is no ad for excalibur even though they are an Ontario based company!!! Shouldn't the OFAH be supporting local business over Chinese knock offs??? :shock:

Careful there Pinpoint, Excalibur does indeed advertise in that magazine, maybe just not in the latest issue, due to it being the 2010 Fishing Annual. In fact they fully support the O.F.A.H. by being GOLD Sustaining Members.

Just wanted to correct that comment.

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Jay

I was merely stating that the OFAH shouldn't support knock off compaines in their magazine simply because they have the money to buy advertising space. I love Excalibur, I have a new Phoenix. I wasn't questioning Excal. Being a Gold sustaining member the OFAH should better stand behind Excalibur.

There is an ad for Maxximus at the back of the 2010 Fishing Annual. :roll:
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

If you are a member of the OFAH you get the magazine for free, I have to be a member of the OFAH in order to maintain my membership at our local gun club. I decided this year that I would not send in my membership fees to my club until they explore other options for spending my money, my families memberships are two months past due. The CSSA is a terrific alternative.
I do not like clones and will not allow my money to be spent supporting them.

When the maximus bows first arrived by boat the magazine not only allowed the advertising, but they also did an article on them as the Editors top pick. A proverbial handshake in exchange for advertising dollars.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pinpoint

Post by Pinpoint »

Pydpiper,

Do you have a link for the CSSA, I would like to check that out!!
Wolverine, Munchmount
Vixenmaster Strings
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Pinpoint wrote:Pydpiper,

Do you have a link for the CSSA, I would like to check that out!!
Here you go, all the benefits of the OFAH, but they seem to fight a bit harder to protect our rights.
BTW, my club is considering the switch.
The first story on their page "the cops came and took my guns" is a great artical and big news in the firearm community, check out who the author is, better yet, where he lives.

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

Pydpiper wrote:Here you go, all the benefits of the OFAH, but they seem to fight a bit harder to protect our rights.
We're getting way off the topic of this thread here, but Pydpiper, is your's really a fair statement? OFAH and CSSA are both great organizations, but they also have very different mandates. I don't doubt that the CSSA fights harder for gun owner's rights, afterall that's their main focus. I could say that the CSSA has done squat for wildlife conservation, but that would not be fair would it?
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I agree completely, while there are many out there who don't think the OFAH is doing as much as they could with the funding they get, they are the front runners when it comes to the wildlife aspect. In this instance we are talking about supporting clones, the CSSA would not likely support that style of business, where at the same time, to me, it feels like the OFAH is concerning it's self more with funding than the actual goal. It will come down to how you want to see your membership money spent I guess.
I have of course called and spoke to the OFAH about this issue, while they remained polite I couldn't help but feel I wasn't important to them. I have maintained a family membership with them for 4 years, I sell the tickets they ask me to and my company supports them by other means.
I could go it to my speech about how I feel about clones and their supporters, but it would not be appropriate for this thread.
Again though, I do agree with you completely about the two structures having different goals.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Post by TPM »

I certainly do have my issues with OFAH but they do a lot of good things and I will continue to support them. I hate the whole cloning thing too and I hated seeing the ads and write-up in Ontario Out of Doors but I would be disappointed in them if they turned Maximus away just because one of their supporters is facing a business challenge that faces almost all manufacturers at one time or another. I understand that there is, and should be, somewhat of a symbiotic relationship between OFAH and Excalibur but Excal needs to run their business and OFAH needs to run theirs. Right now the Maximus is an option for the consumer and if it starts to eat to much into Excal's market share I'm sure they will deal with it. I'm not quite ready to boycott OFAH yet. :?
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
picasso

Post by picasso »

I'll say what most are thinking....are they any good no matter where they come from??
huntman

Post by huntman »

Was watching WILD TV and to my surprise there was a commercial for Maximus Crossbows. I thought to myself WOW they steal a product and fly with it, its not cheap to run a commercial they must have some clientele that dont care and are buying them!!