More Coyote attacks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MADMAX2

More Coyote attacks

Post by MADMAX2 »

The best things in life are not things!!
Hoss

Re: More Coyote attacks

Post by Hoss »

thats kinda hard to believe...that a yote could get close enough to nip the Lab and the Lab not try to get it back or kill it..and the owner was shooing it away with a stick..HUMMMM just the far sight of humans sends them running so sounds a bit stupid to me.. I know if a yote came close to my female lab she would eat its a$$ and she only wieghs about 70 lbs. My Male is huge 120lb choc lab there aint no yote gonna nip him and live. They yipe and sing in the pasture and My labs hate them they bark at them when they hear it and try to get out of the pin. One eve as the sun was setting I was out working on the gate. We have a train track about a mile away and everytime a train comes by and toots his horn the yotes start yipn in the pasture. Well my labs took off like fire was on them..They came home a few hours later and I could tell they had been in some fights. ear torn a few bites but not bad. I found a few days later hiking back in the woods 2 dead yotes. not sure but I bet they got em..I know yotes will bait a dog. one will try to get a dog to chase him into a ambush. I bet they done that with one of my labs and the tables turned on them.. Just seems odd to me so just my 2 cents..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
picasso

Post by picasso »

let's face it.....it's always a balance of nature and if we were not around building towns and cities.....it would not be a problem.
Of course, I'm no different from most people in that if they are in my back yard.............well!!!
On another note, in my area, they are 'THE' major predator of the deer and turkey populations and because of my location where there are a lot of so-called tree-huggers..nothing is done unless it affects them directly like eating their favorite pet!!!
As things are what they are....we are their predators!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

That attack on the lab happened in my neighborhood. Our area has whitetail, coyotes, turkey, geese, ducks, foxes etc. The connection of the bluffs and shore line to the various watersheds means there are a good number of routes for animals to reach most of Toronto. I figure it is only a matter of time when we see black bear in our neighborhood!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

TO has always had a population of yotes but because of the population climbing do to stopping and controlling tags on them a high percentage of yote hunters have now stopped and walked away from hunting them allowing for the population to even climb more.

Toronto folks as in the Non hunting community had the yote hunts controlled now they got what they see. Its to bad for the people living there that did not agree with tag control but they asked for it /Deal with it and don't ship them North because we got enough of them here and they will only be shot if seen and thats not nice :twisted:
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
Allan

Post by Allan »

I spoke with their son about the incident and he said the reporters blew it out of proportion.

The coyotes did approach choco, but the nipping was almost playful, infact, choco chased (followed) the two coyotes into the brush.

If the 'city" folk were a little more informed about wildlife (not the club scene), there would be next to no issues with the yotes.

my $0.02
Boo

Post by Boo »

Allan wrote:I spoke with their son about the incident and he said the reporters blew it out of proportion.

The coyotes did approach choco, but the nipping was almost playful, infact, choco chased (followed) the two coyotes into the brush.

If the 'city" folk were a little more informed about wildlife (not the club scene), there would be next to no issues with the yotes.

my $0.02
Do you honestly think that a wild Coyote would come and play with a human and a lab?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
whateverworks

Post by whateverworks »

bugs wrote:Trying to lure the dog with the pack maybe????
Exactly!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

The one thing that I wonder when I see a coyote in the middle of the day near people is that it may have distemper or rabies.
The best things in life are not things!!