Just curious?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

casper

Just curious?

Post by casper »

Anyone that bought the Equinox or Exomax, if you could do it over would you buy a diffrent model. If no why, if yes why. Pro's con's, likes or dislikes. I don't want to start something, I'm just curious. Me I would maybe have picked the Exocet, with the tarditional stock, & 200#'s is plenty. :D
michhunter

Re: Just curious?

Post by michhunter »

I just bought an exomax acouple months ago first crossbow i love it shoots great and its the traditional stock no thumb hole. If i had to do it again i would buy the samething.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I like the traditional stock as well but I went from 200lbs Vortex to the 175 lbs Phoenix and prefer that.
Tenpoint Matrix
shuey270

Post by shuey270 »

Equinox here, only down fall is the serving life.Would I do it again YES I love that bow and I just learned how to reserve. It's not hard, and it's fun.Thanks to some people on here helped me learn to reserve!!
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Love my Max, would do again if they made a Super Max.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I've got an Equinox, but if I had it to do over again, I'd probably get an Ibex. There's only so far that you need to bury an arrow in the ground on the other side of the deer. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Equinox, but after seeing that 225 lbs will shoot through a deer length-wise, I'd say that 175 would be sufficient. :lol:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
roly

Post by roly »

Love my Equinox!

Had it two years and still not 100% sure I like the thumb hole stock. :? :?
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I own a Equinox and love it I have never liked a thumb hole stock on a rifle just because it never looks good seams to ruin the nice lines of a good rifle making it look chunky and rear heavy to the eye. but for some reason the Excalibur thumb hole stock is the first thumb hole stock I find better looking than the a traditional stock it also is a inch shorter which is good for me I am short but wanted all the speed I could get .After 25 + years hunting with vertical bows with a short draw length and being frustrated with slow arrow speed I wanted to eliminate as much chance a deer dropping at the sound of the shot and getting a high hit as possible.
The serving issue is not a issue now I now how to do it - Thanks Boo - It is a 10 minuet job that brings satisfaction .
I know the lower poundage bows are nice handling but they were not the ones for me if Excalibur had a 400fps bow I would want it.
Everybody has their own set of criteria of what is important to them and that is as it should be.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I had an Exocet which was great and I can't say anything bad about it. I sold it and got a Vortex and I just love it. I really like the comfort of the thumbhole stock!
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
secret

Post by secret »

I have a Exocet, Way more accurate than my 12gauge sluggun at the same range! i have no complaints. never tried a thumbhole stock , but i heard that the safety is a little harder to reach.
Exocet 200
gt lazer 2 [turkey] gt lazer 4 [deer]
wasp sst hammers
groundpounder
lumizone
ff string
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have had the exomax and the equinox, I loved them both but found that the thumbhole grip is a more comfortable for me, I like how they shoot, the flatter trajectory of the faster models and it was worth the serving issues that come with them.

But I have found that the Y25 is the one for me :D even if its slightly slower. It nice to shoot. The wooden cheek peice is COMFY. But I can always see myself buying another 'max or 'nox
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Tenn. Equinox

Post by Tenn. Equinox »

I like my Equinox. The thumbhole is easier for me to use in a treestand.
I like the speed of my 225. If I hit shoulder bone , Dead Deer.
Reserving is no problem. :D
Tenn.

Equinox
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

secret wrote:I have a Exocet, Way more accurate than my 12gauge sluggun at the same range! i have no complaints. never tried a thumbhole stock , but i heard that the safety is a little harder to reach.
I've heard of people having trouble reaching the safety with the thumbhole stock but I don't find it to be a problem.
My hands are a good size so maybe it's an issue for people with smaller mitts?
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

I love my equinox with the thumbhole stock but would like to have a lighter poundage for some target shooting. reserving is not a problem either.
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Went with Equinox as my first recurve, traded for Vortex. The former was just too much bow for me. Cocking was difficult for my 69 yr old body, harsh shot and serving wear was noticeable. Liked the TH stock so Vortex came naturally. Then a lonely Phoenix, that hung on a bow shop wall too long making the price right, followed me home and it's been love at first shot.
It's got all the power I need, is accurate to a fault and I can shoot it all day without tiring. Both the Excals wear the same Lumizone and sighted in for the same distances with respective aimpoint. That way I don't have to think about which bow I'm using, they hit the same spot even though their trajectory is slightly different.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!