How to survive a bear attack

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

How to survive a bear attack

Post by one shot scott »

What with the spring bear hunt having been cancelled for many years now and bear numbers soaring, The MNR has put together this short video to help those that find themselves in the woods occasionally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJAVe57yH-o
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
j.krug

Re: How to survive a bear attack

Post by j.krug »

That is too funny! Very well done!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
BUS314

Post by BUS314 »

lol, yep, that's funny.

Another good way to survive a bear attack is to have a buddy with you-------that you can outrun :D
AKA-ChoctawBusGuy
Excal Phoenix
VariZone
GT II's w/ brass inserts
SlickTrick 125's
STS
Boo String
Double Bull DarkHorse
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

BUS314 wrote:Another good way to survive a bear attack is to have a buddy with you-------that you can outrun :D

That's always been my philosophy. :wink:
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I find that to be extremely offensive particularly since it was apparently put together with our/your tax dollars.

It's a cutesy, politically correct, piece of propaganda. Some of the advice is sound for as far as it goes. Where it fails as being a propaganda piece for the politically correct crowd is its failure to make any reference to the bear attack situation where the bear is actually being predatory. That does happen from time to time. In that case, if you PLAY dead, you won't have to play at it for very long because you will BE dead. Apparently it usually is the more mature male bears that will try to be predatory towards humans. Not that that is a particularly helpfull piece of information. It would take a remarkable presence of mind to look under a bear's tail while it is chewing on you to decide whether to fight or play dead. Still, they could have mentioned a bear with cubs as one scenario, and pointed out that the advice they were giving applied to that situation. In all other situations where no cubs are detected, it would likely be wiser to fight with everything you've got. If it could be a male, better assume it to be one. If all you have is a set of keys and granola bars, you won't put up much of a fight, however. Bear spray is one thing. How about an axe? A fixed blade knife? Or, heaven forbid, a firearm?

It bothers me that there would be no reference whatsoever to the possibility of carrying a firearm for self protection. I guess the tree huggers wouldn't even consider that as even a possibility.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I find that to be extremely offensive particularly since it was apparently put together with our/your tax dollars.
It was actually put together by a private organization in the U.S.. I think Scot's comment about the MNR was made tongue-in-cheek.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Your 100% right as usual TPM!! I found that on a different forum and thought it was hilarious so I shared withthe excal crowd. For the record the MNR does not have nearly enough humour or brains to put together something like this :wink: :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Chuck Gravel

Post by Chuck Gravel »

I think that they did this on a show called "Robot Chicken" its quite a funny show and has all types of stupid minishows
Excalibur Equinox
Lumi-Zone
Viper-X- Strings
NGSS (newguy)
vortex pro extreme 125